𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER NINETEEN | GIVE 'EM HELL, KID

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ONE OF THE HARDEST DAYS HAD FALLEN UPON THEM— CAMI AND DAVINA'S FUNERALS. The Evans girl made an appearance at Cami's Irish Wake, which was painstakingly planned by Hayley, and then headed to the cemetery for Davina's. She wanted to have the chance to say goodbye to both of her friends, and that was her intention for going to Davina's wake. 

"Say not in grief, that she is no more, but be thankful that she ever was. And, though she was taken far too soon, may her enduring light show us a way through this darkness." Vincent spoke as he carefully lit a few candles. "Let us mourn because we cannot move on until we do. And, though the pain, at times, seem more than we can bear, make no mistake, we will move on. Yeah, even now the words of Ecclesiasticus are ringing in my ears. They're saying, Vengeance as a lion, shall lie in wait for them."

"You shouldn't be here, Riley." Marcel spoke suddenly. The Evans girl finally appeared a short distance behind them, after remaining out of sight for so long. 

"She was my friend. I just want the chance to be able to say goodbye to her." The girl innocently answered back. 

Vincent shook his head in disbelief whilst a small scoff left his lips. "If it wasn't for your damn family, we wouldn't be saying goodbye at all!" 

Riley's attention finally moved to Kol. "Please." She looked it him with pleading eyes and she could see how badly he was breaking. Begrudgingly, Kol nodded, much to the distain of everyone else. 

Once Riley took her place at Kol's side, Josh stepped forward to speak. "A while ago, forever ago, I told Davina a story about my first boyfriend but what I didn't tell her was that I'd never shared that story with anyone else. She was like a sister and a best friend and I loved her." Josh whimpered softly. "I wish that— uh—" After getting choked up, he took a step backward.

All eyes averted to Kol, who could barely contain himself. "I'm sorry. I can't." He apologised, voice breaking as he looked to Riley. "Go ahead."

"Um—" Riley hesitantly took a few word after a small encouraging smile from Kol. "Davina was the first friend I made when I came to New Orleans. She reminded me a lot of myself when I was younger. She was headstrong, passionate, and one hell of a fighter. She fought for what was right and she knew exactly what she wanted and she wouldn't stop until she got it." The girl sighed, brushing a tear from her cheek. "And, I can't tell you how sorry I am." Vincent and Marcel didn't bother to look at Riley as she stepped back beside Kol. 

Marcel pulled a piece of paper from his pocket, but after a moment, he folded it back up and placed it in his jacket. "Words aren't any good. The Mikaelsons need to answer for this. I'm gonna make them answer." He placed his palm against Davina's tomb. "I promise."