𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

CHAPTER TWENTY | THE BLOODY CROWN

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ELIJAH'S HAND SLID AGAINST RILEY'S BARE BACK AS HER BODY LAID INTERTWINED WITH HIS. Delicately, his fingers traced in circles as the strawberry-blonde stirred away beside him. If there was one thing that Elijah knew for absolute certain, a fact he would bet his entire existence on, it was that he loved Riley Evans with everything he had. From the moment he met her, he knew she was the one and fate had brought them back together. 

"Well." Riley hummed out softly, glancing up at him as he stared down at her. "Good morning to you, too." She pecked his lips innocently before coiling her head against his chest.

"Morning." Elijah answered back. He placed a kiss on the top of her head with a slight smile, though his acts the previous night still weighed heavy on his mind. "Niklaus will never forgive me, you know."

Riley lifted her head up from Elijah's chest once more and looked him in the eyes. She could see how much he was hurting. "He will in time. You know, as well as I do, that he would've done the exact same in your position." Riley delicately caressed his cheek. "It's okay."

Elijah let himself succumb to his temptations. He pressed his lips against the only woman that could ever make him feel better— Riley. With wandering hands, he gripped her waist and pulled her body on top of his so that she was straddling him, though they didn't break the kiss for a moment. As they continued to kiss, it grew hungrier and more passionate, and Riley found her naked body grinding against Elijah's whilst he used his hands to guide her hips. 

"I don't think this is the right time for—" Riley started until Elijah's hand tracing down in between her legs caused her to immediately stop. "—Elijah."

"Hm." Elijah licked his lips with a grin as he thumb brushed against Riley's opening. "On the contrary, I think right now is the perfect time. And, so do you." With Riley's seductive gaze locked with his, Elijah gently pushed two fingers inside Riley whilst his thumb rubbed in circles against her clit. The immediate moan of pleasure that left her lips was enough to tell Elijah she didn't want him to stop— she wanted more. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As it turned out, Freya's paranoia was right and something was definitely coming. After a tracking spell, it seemed that all of Klaus' formerly sired were on their way to New Orleans, presumably to wage war against the Mikaelsons. 

"Freya's tracking your former sirelings now. So, it won't be long. Which works for me." Kol informed Klaus as he, Elijah and Riley stepped into the foyer. "I could use a good fight." 

"Okay, but we should be good for right now." Riley voiced as she watched Kol and Elijah's eyes flicker through the array of knives on the table. "I mean, no vampire can get in whilst the deed is in Freya's name. This place is essentially a fortress."