𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

CHAPTER FOUR | THE RED DOOR

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 

RILEY AND CAMI HURRIED INSIDE OF DAVINA'S CABIN TO HELP THE UNCONSCIOUS WITCH. Klaus remained at the threshold, unable to enter, since he had not been invited in. He held the White Oak stake within a vice-like grip, his eyes scanning Davina and Riley whilst Kaleb stood a short distance away from them. 

"Hm." Riley hummed softly, almost concerned as to why the witch had not regained consciousness yet. "I think perhaps we should get her to the hospital."

"Oh, hello, darling." Kaleb's eyes flickered to Klaus, who loomed in the doorway. "Back to huff and puff and blow the house down?"

"You know, it's funny how often a person's sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat."

Cami exhaled as she heard Klaus' threatening comment. "Klaus, he's just a kid. Give him a break." 

"Yeah, she's right." Kaleb glanced back to Klaus again. "You might wanna try a bit of lavender under your pillow. Does wonders for stuck-up pillocks with anger issues."

"Kaleb, isn't it?" Riley's attention moved to the young boy who Davina seemed rather fond of. "Now is not the best time to start picking fights, okay?"

"I promised not to kill Davina. I said nothing of this insolent sod."

Riley and Cami both exhaled in frustration. The two gave a warning look toward Kaleb before they ushered Klaus outside of the cabin. "Klaus, a minute ago you had the opportunity to kill your father with that thing and you didn't. You're not gonna kill this kid with it, either." 

"Fine." A sigh of hesitation left Klaus' lips. He handed Cami the White Oak stake and his car keys. "Go get the car. Let's take her to the hospital."

The blonde human smiled thankfully at the Hybrid before she hurried off over to the black Range Rover that was parked a short distance from Davina's family's cabin. Klaus and Riley, however, headed back toward the cabin. 

"You've got a way with words." Klaus immediately spoke, his attention toward Kaleb, who was caring for Davina. 

Glancing over his shoulder at the Hybrid, Kaleb shrugged. "Well, I've traveled." 

"You seem to have crossed continents in order to weasel your way into Davina's good graces, thereby meddling in my family business. Strange, isn't it?" The Hybrid smirked with his hands rested against the doorframe. "Unless, of course, it's your family business. You know, ever since my dinner with my mother and Finn, I've been wondering when you might make an appearance, Kol."

Riley's mouth hung open in immediately realisation. Kaleb was Kol in the body of one of New Orleans' unsuspecting witch. "Oh, my God."

A soft chuckle left Kol's lips finally. "Well, the jig is up. Hello, brother."