𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER TWELVE | SAVE MY SOUL

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 

THE EVER-GROWING PROBLEM OF EVA SINCLAIR ONLY APPEARED TO BE GETTING WORSE THE LONGER REBEKAH WAS WITHIN HER BODY. Elijah managed to halt Josephine and the witches who assumed that the disappearance of two more children was down to her. Understandably, the witch community was angry, and wanted Eva to pay. Rebekah was shaken by the impending threats of the witches who wanted to protect their children, and so she remained with Riley whilst Elijah attended a brunch held by Klaus to interrogate Freya.

"I should be there. Not under bloody supervision by you." Rebekah irritably snapped as the pair wandered through the cemetery. The Mikaelson was frustrated with their situation, and more frustrated that she was helpless against the woman that fought against her for control of her body.

A small chuckle left Riley's lips as she shrugged. "Rebekah, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that dining room right now. But, we need to find out what's going on with you and the best way to do that is to ask Davina for help."

"She won't help." Rebekah shook her head. 

"What makes you so sure about that?" Riley raised an eyebrow when she noticed the pointed look on Rebekah's face.

"I promised her that I would help get Kol back, and I have been doing anything but." 

"Fine. I'll do the talking, you just stand there and try and keep control of Eva's body, okay?" Riley shot Rebekah a smile as they stepped into the crypt. Davina's eyes immediately shot up when she saw the pair enter. "Hey. How're you doing?" 

Davina exhaled deeply as she slammed a grimoire shut and shook her head. "Possibly another dead end. Potentially a way to bring Kol back, I don't even know anymore." She noticed the looks that both Rebekah and Riley started exchange. "But, I take it you two aren't here to help, so why bother asking?"

"We're here for your help, actually. Rebekah's been experiencing these nightmares of Eva, almost like memories, we aren't quite sure. I hoped that maybe if we put our heads together, we could work out what's going on and put a stop to it."

"Are you serious?" Davina snapped in disbelief. She appeared visibly irritated that Riley had came to her for help. "I'm supposed to drop all of my word to help her figured out her nightmares?"

"Like Riley said, they're more than dreams." Rebekah tilted her head as she scanned the demeanour of the young witch. She looked shattered. "Though, you don't look so good yourself. Have you gotten any sleep lately?"

"No! I've been here studying all this stuff since Kol died, and I thought that you were gonna help me bring him back like you promised!"

"Look, I can't help Kol if the witch he stuck me in ends up taking me over." Rebekah responded with a panicked tone of voice that immediately caused Davina's anger to disappear. "There's something wrong. I think the rightful owner of this body is waking up inside me, and she's angry."