𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWO | NO QUARTER

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE ONLY NOISE THAT COULD BE HARD FOR MILES WERE THE DESPERATE SCREAMS OF KOL MIKAELSON'S VICTIM. The had been in a magical safe house for five years with no drop of blood in sight, and the first thing they needed to do was feed. Elijah and Rebekah were somewhat more stealth than their brother, who much preferred the joy of the hunt. 

"Good lord, that one has some lungs on him." Rebekah scoffed to herself as she dropped the man she was feeding on to the ground. "He should've been an opera singer. Might've ended better for him, actually."

Freya wandered over to the two Mikaelsons, who had dozens of dead bodies surrounding them. "Is this absolutely necessary?"

"That depends. Do you want us at our full strength, or do you plan on rescuing Nik on your own?"

"Well, death rattles are distracting and I'm trying to break a cloaking spell." Freya retorted with a pointed look.

Riley's eyes fell to Elijah as he pulled a handkerchief from his pocket. "Kol, would you please?!" He yelled aloud and suddenly, the screaming stopped. "Thank you." Elijah's attention moved back to Freya. "You were saying."

"Okay, so as far as Hayley and I could learn, Klaus is somewhere in New Orleans. No ideas as to where Marcel's keeping him, though." Riley sighed. "Couldn't really get a beat on that. But, we should be able to get a read on him if we're in the city itself, which is a problem."

"Why?" Freya looked to Riley with a raised eyebrow.

"Because we have contacts in New Orleans. As you can imagine, the place is crawling with vampires, all of whom hate all of us." Hayley looked around at their family. "Whatever we do, we need to do it fast." 

"I wasn't planning on a pub crawl. I don't wanna stay any longer than we have to, but we need to go."

Kol's eyes widened fearfully as he looked around. "Wait, wait. We're not doing this today?" 

"Hasn't Nik suffered enough?" Rebekah's attention moved to her younger brother, almost perplexed that he wanted Klaus' rescue to wait any longer.

"Yes. And I've died, twice. I'm not about to give Marcel a shot at third. Now, I say we draw that muppet out of town and when he's gone—"

"—No." Riley finished with an irritated glare. "Hayley and I have been away from our girls for long enough. Now, I promised Avery that I would get back to her, which means we do this today."

"She's right." Hayley nodded. "If you're afraid—"

"—It's called being sensible. Until Freya can make enough cure with her werewolf hostage, Marcel can basically chew through our bloody throats!"