𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

CHAPTER FOUR | KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

WALKING BACK INTO THE COMPOUND AFTER SO MANY YEARS AWAY WAS DISCONCERTING, TO SAY THE LEAST. Riley's eyes flickered warily as they made their way inside. Hayley carried Hope within her arms, whilst Elijah held onto Avery. Both girls were still in their nightgowns after not having enough time to even change. 

"Our home." Klaus gazed around in despair at the ruin of the Mikaelson home. "Once the pride of our family, now a flop house."

"Indeed, the mighty have fallen." Elijah hummed. 

"Not really the time, guys." Riley quietly grumbled as she gestured to Hope and Avery.

"Where's Vincent?" 

"Right here." Vincent called out. He watched as both Avery and Hope were placed down onto two vacant couches. "I kept my word. Now, the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna keep yours. As soon as I'm finished healing your kids, you gotta leave the city."

"Well, we're not gonna stay, are we?" The Hybrid snapped back to of pure irritation. "Your city has lost its charm."

"Hey!" Riley snapped. She sent Klaus a glare before she stood up to look at Vincent. "We'll keep our words. You help our girls, and we'll leave as promised."

"Just give us what we need, and we'll do so, happily." Elijah spoke in agreement with Riley.

"Excuse me." Vincent brushes past the strawberry-blonde and bent down in front of the two weak looking children. He rubbed his hands together. "Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a." Gently, he tapped Hope's temples and then Avery's and within a second, the pair opened their eyes. 

"Mom?" Hope weakly spoke out as Hayley hurried to pull her daughter into her hold.

Avery blinked a few times, pushing herself to sit up and take in the world around her. "Riley?" 

"Your little girls are purified." Vincent nodded. "Now, look, the only gratitude I need from any of you is seeing you leave the city."

As Vincent started to leave the courtyard, Avery and Hope had lifted themselves up from the couch. But, almost as soon as their feet touched the cold, hard concrete, crows began to fall all around them. The crows had created a circle, completely surrounding the two witches.

"What the—" Riley gasped aloud as Hayley ran forward to remove the girls from the circle of crows.

"What is this?" Klaus' attention drew right to Vincent, who looks almost as shocked and confused as they did. 

"I don't know."

"Whispers. There's whispers." Avery panicked. Her eyes darted around, almost as if she and Hope were hearing something. "Can't you guys hear it?"