137

Xie Ling looked at it for a while, then picked up a brush, dipped some ink in it, circled the topographic map, and said, "Lu Tongpan, according to your records, from Langkou County in the north of Nansha to Wudao County is the main area of ​​Nansha. The food production area, most of the rice planted, isn’t it?” “

    Yes.” Lu Tong judged that brother to watch for a while, but he really saw it, and he circled it very clearly on the map, and he was also relieved. Two minutes of anger.

    "In the south of Nansha, there is almost no grain production. The main crops are marine products and melons and fruits, isn't it?" Xie Ling asked again.

    "That's right." After Lu Tongpan finished speaking, Xie Ling circled the south part again.

    After doing this, he began to divide Nansha into two halves, the north and the south, and added up the data of the family fields in each county to sort them out.

    This is not so difficult, but the officials who came here before have never done this.

    The Xuan Dynasty emphasized literature over art, and although the merchants were rich, their status was not high.

    Many people have studied mathematics all their lives, but they know nothing about arithmetic and other things.

    And how many of the officials sent here in Nansha really want to stay here and contribute to the people's livelihood? Most of them are just poor Gongsheng students with no background, who were given officials here and left after a few years of transition.

    After a quarter of an hour, Xie Ling finally finished the calculation, wrote the result on the map, and said to Wei Qiong: "Look, my husband, this county in the south of Nansha is engaged in Haiyuan and mainly grows melons and fruits. Those places in the north that can only produce grain are much richer. And the more counties with more rice fields, the more miserable the local people.” “

    I remember my teacher taught me in the past that a grain farm in the suburbs of Beijing produces rice per mu every year. The grain is about how many stones. The capital is not a land of fish and rice, and the grain production is not as good as that of Jiangnan and other places. But even so, it is still higher than the rice yield per mu in Nansha. It can be seen that the land in Nansha is not suitable for growing rice. The rice planted is not enough for the people to eat, so they are getting poorer and poorer."

    "Food is the foundation of people's livelihood in the world." After hearing that, Lu Tong judge said with a cold snort: "Madam Wei, what's the use of what you said so much? Nansha's climate is harsh, and this is a natural condition. Maybe it can be changed?" Go?"

    Xie Ling heard that he didn't even move his brain, so he said it so firmly, and an unknown fire rose in his heart: "Lu Tongpan, food is the foundation of the people's livelihood in the world. But do you know that the food in the world is divided into two parts? How many kinds? What are the characteristics of each?"

    "This..." Lu Tongpan was asked by him, and he paused before saying, "There are rice, beans, wheat and other crops." "

    Then you know rice, There are also many varieties of beans and wheat, and the suitable varieties vary from place to place.” Xie Ling said, “You know that rice is very different from the north to the south. The north mainly uses japonica rice, while the south likes to grow indica rice? The Jiangnan area is rich in glutinous rice, and the price of a catty can be five times that of indica rice, and it also makes the local people richer?" "

    This...I am a court official, what do I need to know about it?" Lu Tongpan didn't know much about it, But he didn't want to be compared by Xie Ling, so he stuck his neck and said.