18

Bai Shu's words were heard by Bai Wang, the daughter-in-law of Bai Baoshan's family. She covered her mouth and stood at the door laughing.

    "What are you laughing at?" Bai Baoshan said with a straight face, and then Bai Wangshi rolled his eyes and ran out.

    Bai Baoshan sent Bai Shu out of the house with some regret and sympathy: "Then you hurry up to make money and try to buy this land as soon as possible." After the two of them left the

    village chief's house, Brother Chen asked, "Bai Shu, what about you?" Did you earn fifteen cents by selling fish?"

    He knew that Bai Mi had no penny before, but he could earn fifteen cents in two days, which seemed to him a huge sum of money, and he was already very envious.

    "It's more than fifteen, I earned fifty cash, but I spent the rest of the money." Bai Shu said indifferently.

    "Five...fifty or fifty?" Brother Chen's eyes widened, this was more than what he had earned in a few years! He couldn't help saying in admiration: "You are too good!"

    If he can earn fifty Wen in a few days, he can buy an acre of land after ten years of saving, and Bai Mi's life will not be so difficult. , Brother Chen thought.

    It's just that Bai Mi spent more than half of the fifty Wen in one day, which is too much to spend! Brother Chen couldn't help but educate Bai Mi again, telling him to save money well and not spend it recklessly.

    Bai Shu's left ear went in and out of his right ear, he didn't take Chen Ge'er's words seriously. Then he said to him: "Tomorrow I have to go to the county to do fish selling business. I may need a helper. If you are free, you can come and help me with the work. I will pay you.

    " Earn, Brother Chen was immediately tempted. His family only has three acres of land and few children, so he has nothing to do, so he asked with some expectation: "I don't know how the salary is calculated?

    " Money, take care of a meal. If you have more things to do in the future, I will give you more money, do you think it will work?" "

    Yes, yes." Brother Chen agreed without hesitation. He was able to take two cents to pay for a meal, and the tenant farmers in the village were no more than that, but the tenant farmers didn't want him as a brother, this was the best job he could find.

    Bai Shu did what he said, and it was still early in the morning, so he asked Brother Chen to go home and get a sickle, and went with him to cut bamboo on the back mountain.

    Brother Chen put Li'er at home, and the two of them walked up the mountain. They met a few villagers on the way, and several of them smiled and asked, "Bai Mi, I heard that you are going to buy land? When will you buy it?" ?"

    Just now Bai Wang heard Bai Shu said at home that he wanted to buy land, so he turned around and went out to gossip everywhere as a joke.

    In Baitang Village, nothing spreads as fast as gossip. In less than a while, half of the villagers in the village knew that Bai Mi was going to buy land, and everyone took him as a joke.

    Isn't it just wishful thinking to want to buy land with only fifteen cents? Although most villagers can't afford the land themselves, it doesn't prevent them from watching other people's jokes. So as soon as they saw Baishu, they would come up to say hello, and by the way, ask when Baishu would be able to buy the land.

    "I'll buy it next month." Bai Shu said with a smile.

    After they left, Brother Chen said to Bai Shu with a look of resentment: "Next time, don't bother with them, they still don't earn fifty cents a year."