016

"She can't be Subject 1 because that was Teresa," Thomas started

"I know that's why none of this makes sense, but it's there. Definitely what it said," Newt explained looking between the group for some kind of explanation.

"What else was it, The Trick?" Fry checked,

"Yes but that's not important right now. What's important right now is that she and Teresa have the same code," Minho spoke quickly,

"I don't know I feel like The Trick may be pretty important," shrugged Fry.

"How could she and Teresa have the same number?"

"I don't know, maybe they're like twins or something?" Fry suggested

"No, they look nothing alike,"

"Her second names Martínez," Jorge added "Not Agnes,"

"Jennifer Martínez?" Newt repeated.

"Don't worry Newt, sure you can change that one day," Brenda smiled, receiving a happy look from Minho.

"Can we all collectively stop with the whole me and Jennifer, we have far more important things to discuss," Newt sighed

"Agreed," Thomas nodded.

"Is Martínez Spanish?" Newt asked,

"Group A, so it was our group. And Subject 1 meaning she was Teresa," Thomas ignored Newt,

"She wasn't Teresa. Maybe she's The Trick because of this," Frypan suggested,

"I say we get rid of her, she's clearly sketchy and previously had links to WICKED,"

"Yes but now she's got links with Newt. We can't get rid of her now," Jorge explained,

"Please stop reminding me I have a permanent attachment to someone who's tried to kill me twice," Newt pleaded

"None of this makes sense," Thomas breathed,

"What doesn't make sense?" A voice came from behind Newt, and the sound of footsteps along with it.

"Uh..."

"Well for breakfast we have a real treat. What do we think about a goose?" She began as she sat down beside Frypan. The whole group were silent.

***

The walk had begun, just a few hours in and the sun was already burning through them. Their water was trickling to nothing, each trying to savour their final drops.

Jennifer was leading the group but she knew something was up. None had spoken to her the whole day, she wondered what they may have found out...

The group were stuck in small whispers and mumbles.

"I don't understand," Minho whispered to Thomas "Why can't we mention it to her?"

"It's not safe, she cant know we know," Newt replied.

"I want answers, what's she gonna do? Break your little heart?"

"Minho, Minho what are you doing?" Newt asked trying to stop Minho from walking in front. Towards Jennifer. "Minho stop," Before Newt could catch up to Minho, Minho slammed Jennifer into a tree beside her and pushed her against it.

Pain ran up Newt's back as the bark scrapped against hers. "Bloody hell Minho," Newt scoffed  "Get your buggin' hands off her,"

"Not until she answers some of my questions,"

"Minho, whatever you do to her will happen to me. Get your hands off her," Newt demanded. Minho and Newt's bickering was interrupted by a loud laugh coming from Jennifer. Then two turned to her very slowly, both unsure of what was so funny.

"What do you find so shucking funny?" Minho asked carefully as he looked at the hysterical girl.

"Sorry I- sorry," She breathed through laughs "No continue with scaring me," She sighed.

"Right then, Martínez. How about you explain that little tattoo on your back?" Minho offered, she stared at him, trying to shake free from his tight grip. "Doesn't sound like an explanation,"

"How about you explain why your lips bleeding?" She shot

"Jennifer-" Newt warned,

"My lip isn't bleed-" Minho started before he was sent back onto his feet due to a fist to his lip. Her fist was now stained in Minho's blood, she pulled a dagger from her pocket and pushed it against him.

"Well isn't this a shame? I was sort of starting to not hate you," she sighed,

"Hardly a shame," he added even though a knife was against his throat. "Newt, come deal with your physco girlfriend," Applying to Minhos wishes Jennifer suddenly felt a sharp pain shoot from her left arm as Newt applied pressure to it.

Minho took advantage of her weakness and pushed her quickly away from him. After regaining her feet she locked eyes with Minho. "Newt, what happened to us having each others backs?" Jennifer asked although she didn't break her view from Minho.

"Newt, what happened to having a nice shucking girlfriend,"

"Newt is not my boyfriend," she scoffed

"Newt needs Jennifer to stop trying to murder his friends," Newt said as he stepped in between them.

"He started it, I was just thinking then this wannabe ninja turtle pounces in like Im a Tv on Black Friday," She scoffed, wrapping her hands tightly over the dagger.

"Answer our questions, Newt you can't say your not curious," Minho added,

"I am but I do not want Jennifer or you dead. All right? So, Jennifer your coming with me and Minho your gonna sit down on your butt and be bloody quiet,"

"I'm not going anywhere till this bastardo apologises," Jennifer said harshly

"All right guys, see you soon," Newt smiled as he wrapped his hand around Jennifer's wrist to take her, but her feet were planted

"Awfully bizarre apology for a big guy like you, Minho. Let's hear it," She coaxed, Newt turned to Minho with raised eyebrows.

"Your freak of a chick isn't getting anything from me unless it's a kick in the balls,"

"I'd say the same back but I don't think you have any,"

"Yeah okay, that's enough Jennifer please," Newt tugged on her arm again.

"I haven't received my apology," she spoke sternly.

"Your not going to receive your apology until some of my questions are answered,"

"Ouch!" Jennifer flinched glancing down at her wrist and then Newts, who was pinching his skin.

"Come," he ordered. She didn't move until he pinched again.

"Stop,"

"Come,"

"No,"

"Come,"

"Ouch!"

"Come,"

"Fine," she sighed before she trudged off with Newt into the forest. "When I come back I better have mini violin and a very sorry Minho,"

Minho replied with something but Jennifer was too far into the forest to make it out.

"Is it really safe for them to be in there alone?" Fry asked glancing through the group.

"Newt seems to be okay around her, he can do something none of the you can do," Jorge spoke,

"What?"

"He can make her listen..."