007

Her chest took in a deep breath of air she had been holding. Dropping the gun to her side quickly. "You mother fucker!" She shot him a glare.

"Sorry," he smiled, clearly not remorseful.

"Go back to the others," she sighed as she turned back around to walk.

"No," he replied plainly on,

"What the hell do you want?"

"You to not hate me,"

"I don't hate you,"

"Sure act like it,"

"You just got on my nerves," there was a pause for a minute as she glanced over at him "When I tell you to get out the way you do, got it? I don't want to kill you but if your in the way I can't promise shit,"

"So your gonna be a bit nicer to me?"

"Maybe," she shrugged. Merlin overtook the two and walked in front, still hoping from branch to branch.

"How did you find him, Merlin?"

"Well, he was a kitten when I found him. 2 weeks maybe less. His mother gave birth earlier, it's somethings mammals started to do to try and increase the survival rate. He was alone, the rest of the litter had already left. Starving the death, but so was I. So I picked him up. Nearly died trying to keep him and myself alive with our portions of food. But as he got a bit older, he could catch prey that I couldn't. Birds, mice, rats. He can also sense Cranks. Can smell them from miles away, saved my life once or twice,"

"How old is he now?"

"Maybe a year or so," it went quiet again as they watched Merlin jump branch to log. Until he froze, his eyes twisted left and right and Jennifer stuck her hand out motioning for Newt to stop walking.

They all went still, waited and listened until the faint sound of a chirp swooped down in front of Merlin. His claws wrapped around the bird, sinking past the feather into its flesh but not fast enough.

The bird began to flap its wings relentlessly, Merlin was so small it went off with the bird before weighing the bird down. The two assumed that the cat and bird would land on the ground but they went further past the ground and-

Jennifer's eyes widened, her face ran cold, and her mouth hung open. It all came back to her, the area suddenly became clear. She knew where she was. She knew what Merlin was plummeting himself into.

A rock bottom cliff.

"Holy shit!" Jennifer panicked. Of course, Newt had no clue what was going on but this was the first time he had seen Jennifer scared, properly scared. So scared she was willing to jump down the cliff with the cat.

As Jennifer's feet left the edge it then occurred to Newt was the hell was going on "Jenny!" He yelled leaping forward and wrapping his fingers around her wrist and pulling her back before she went down with them.

The two were breathing heavily, Newt's hand stayed on Jennifer's wrist while his other moved to her head. He had pulled her body so fast she crashed against his body.

She blinked a few times, remembering where Merlin was. She pushed Newt away from her quickly, launching herself once more over the edge. This time Newt didn't catch her.

The wind ran past her, ringing in her ears, her hair falling behind her.

Pause.

Quietness.

She felt cold, so very cold. Everywhere was black. Every sound was muffled. She couldn't move anything in her body. Was she dead? Is this death? This wasn't a very good afterlife.

"Jennifer!" She heard knocking her head from a daze. She tried to move, to reply. Tried to live. But death was consuming her. Her head began to ache, or she thought it was as she wasn't quite sure if she even had a head to ache.

She could feel things now, rushing past her. Flowing around her. Her head was falling side to side. Her whole body ached. She wasn't sure what to do. Keep fighting for her life or just allow her inevitable death to take her now and not later.

She was trying to think but the constant repeat of her name was stopping her. She was trying to die but he wouldn't let her. "Jennifer! Jennifer please! Come on! It's me, it's me Blondie,"

She tried to shake the voice away, tried to shake away from her body. Let me go, let me die. She pleaded against her own body because the truth was, she didn't want to die. She just wanted a break.

She had fought too long to get too far. She wasn't giving up now.  But, her body had other ideas because were only in chapter seven, she can't die yet.