002

Jennifer pottered around a small restaurant that was no longer in use. The group sat around a large circular table while they talked. Brenda was lying down across a sofa seat made of red leather while talking to Jennifer.

"How did you know I was here?" Jennifer asked.

"We didn't," Brenda replied breathily, "We just had to hope,"

"Hope?" Jennifer repeated in shock.

"Yeah,"

"...interesting," she trailed before she clicked her fingers twice and Merlin pranced over towards her. She gave Merlin a nod before he headed to the group around a table, he walked through their legs occasionally sniffing or rubbing against them before stopping in front of Thomas.

Merlin stared at Thomas before heading back towards Jennifer with a proudness to his step. He jumped up and sat down on the counter his green eyes following Jennifer as she opened cupboards and eventually picked a flower from the ground.

She placed the flower into a fresh cup of water and turned to Merlin. She followed him towards the group and arrived in front of Thomas. She motioned for him to follow her and lead him back to her flower.

She pulled his hand and before he could break away she drew a knife across his palm and his blood dyed the water a pinky-red.

"What the hell was that?" He broke away quickly, taking quick steps away from her. The group was fast to their feet running towards the two with ready arms. She ignored them and waited a moment calmly before picking the flower from the water.

She looked over the cautious-eyed group. "Well don't kill me yet," she shrugged before walking towards Brenda "Eat," she ordered holding the flower out to her.

"What?"

"Do you want to die?" That seemed the have scared Brenda into consuming the flower right then and there. It tasted sweet and warm but the taste was quickly washed away once she swallowed.

Brenda's consistent heavy breathing began to slow down as her eyelids grew heavy and within just a couple of seconds, she was out. They stood there for a minute looking at Brenda. Thomas held his slit hand and the group gripping their guns.

Oh, and Merlin. Who was peering over Minhos shoulder?

"Well, I don't know about you freaks but I'm not gonna watch her sleep," Jennifer said as she walked through the group and sat herself down on the circular table, which was now empty.

The group realised it was slightly weird staring at her so they all walked over. It didn't take long before Gally's hand smashed into the table.

"What the hell was that?" He questioned motioning to Thomas's hand.

"That's a weird way to say thank you," she scoffed "Haven't I already spoken to?" She furrowed her brows at him before standing up and heading towards him. "You wanna know why I did that? To save your friends damn life. Now if you don't pull a thank you through that talkative mouth of yours I'm going to pull that mouth off your face," she threatened.

"Gally don't," Newt said from behind the two who were now face to face. Gally raised his head slowly before exhaling and walking away from her, making sure to nudge her shoulder doing so.

"Blondie," she said with a sweet smile "Come here," she ordered.

"Why?" He asked, she shot him a wary glare before he followed her to a booth. It was a square, all three sides in red leather and what looked like the remainder of the table.

"Sit,"

"Why?"

"Sure ask a lot of questions don't you? Just do it, don't worry I'm not going to hurt you,"

"I highly doubt that..." he trailed as he sat down.

"I wouldnt," she defended as she crouched down in front of him, pulling her backpack in front of her and digging through it.

"I mean you nearly did when you woke up,"

"Right... It's wasn't personal it was... proximity?" She shrugged. "So, what'd you do to your ankle?"

"Uh, don't know it's just like that,"

"It's seams broken, I can't fully heal it but I can put some support on it so it aches less," she pulled out some pieces of bandage that used to be white but over time had just stained grey.

She began to wrap it precariously around his ankle to try and add some support to it. Newt shut his eyes and threw his head back trying to suppress the ache that only grew in his ankle as she twisted it.

Occasionally, her hair would fall onto his leg reminding him she was still there before she tucked it behind her ears.

Her cat found himself laying in front of Minho, belly up while Minho ran his rough hands through the soft fur. He didn't think he'd like this kitten but the kitten liked him and he didn't mind that.

Minho and a kitten.