12 - sometimes a gesture is all it takes

if everyone fought fire with fire, the whole world would go up in smoke
~Lemony Snicket

After her last lesson going the worst possible way it could, Nini decides enough is enough.

She cannot deal with being hated for no reason, it seems absolutely irrational to her; and though she doesn't know how to solve half the problem, she is going to fix as much as she can with at least one person.

She gets her backpack from her locker along with the thousand binders for material to catch up on and runs into her dad's now empty office, placing her stuff there in haste and dashing through the building.

Finally she reaches the third floor of the performing arts building, looking around for a bit. It's almost completely empty which makes her think perhaps she's too late. However she recognizes the bag in one of the rooms, so she knows they're not gone. As a last resort she decides to check the bathrooms on the floor.

As it turns out, she was right. Silently she stands against the door of one of the girls bathrooms, fidgeting with her hair-tie. It suddenly seems like a very stupid idea to do this, unfortunately by the time she decides to leave, a figure stands opposite her, washing their hands in the sink as they stare at her.

"Wha-"

"Hey please just hear me out" she interrupts. "Gina I want you to know that I'm not trying to in any way come between you and EJ and am in no way other than platonically interested in him-"

"We're not togethe-"

"And hey that's cool it's none of my business and if you don't want me to I won't bring it up again. But I know that I was excited to get to know you and I know that I want to be your friend. I don't want to start off like this- I- or be on your bad side, and yes okay EJ is not your boyfriend but clearly there was something wrong this morning so I really wanted to clarify. Yes we've texted a lot this week but Gina you should, he spent ninety percent of that time talking about you; so please.. you have nothing to worry about I promise"

"I was a jerk to you" she mumbles. "I was a jerk to you this morning and you still made an effort to reach out to me"

Gina knows she was in the wrong, she knew it then and she knew it now. Even though her behavior was not justifiable, she still feels as though she at least owes Nini an explanation. She feels worse in her head when she realizes Lily had treated her that way on her first day just as she had treated Nini.

"I'm sorry Nini" she says quietly as if the words are stuck in the back of her throat, sometimes pride can be quite conflicting. "I felt threatened, I've only been here this semester and this is the first school I've ever started to make close friends, it in no ways gives me the right to be mean to you I know, I tend to come off a bit cold sometimes, I'm sorry for whatever today was, can we start over? I was really excited to meet you before I started overthinking" the words fall out in a quick paced mutter, but they make their impact all the same.

Nini walks up to Gina and gives her a hug, it catches her off guard but she hugs back, smiling against Nini's shoulder. "Friends?"

"Friends"

They walk out of the bathroom after that, Gina grabbing her duffel from the studio before they head down. "Also" Nini says as they're engaged in conversation "I think Lily Hyland hates me"

"That makes two of us, and the feeling is very mutual"

hey guys!word count : 636

hey guys!
word count : 636

any thoughts?

what happened in chem class?hmmmmmmm

hope everyone's doing okay