11 - the circle of gays

TW: implication of ED

Nini makes her way through a few classes, a few familiar faces popping up occasionally. Zephyr is in her global politics class, she finds comfort in that. Lunch comes around and she is seemingly standing alone by her locker waiting for Maddie. Violet runs up to her. "Nini hi"

"Violet hey! What're you doing here?"

"I'm gonna take you the library and then we'll meet Mads at lunch, she's running late, still in the physics lab"

They walk in comfortable silence. They had AP biology together this morning, one of the few overlapping batches of the class. Violet was impressed by Nini, it was a difficult class to get into and she wasn't taken aback at all, she made a great lab partner. Nini felt similarly, she liked having someone around with the same interest in the subject; plus she had been previously nervous about getting stuck with a lousy lab partner for her biology and chemistry classes; now at least she had bio sorted.

The library is a separate building though it attaches to the school like an extension. The door way frame is extremely beautiful, and in thin cursive, a light gold says 'in libras, libertas' at the top.

Nini steps in and is unable to find the words for what she's feeling. The ceilings are tall, the original architecture completely maintained, old stone walls and dark wooden accents, yellow light chandeliers hung delicately throughout, their bronze slightly rusted. There are tall french windows, some glass panels tinted with color at the top. There are books in rows and rows of tall shelves and on the walls all the way up to the ceiling, gold colored ladders attached on different sides of the rooms. To the right of the room, an aureate spiral staircase goes up to a smaller second floor area. There's hundreds of thousands of books, old and new. Dark oak wood tables and chairs in columns through the hall. It smells of fresh parchment, ink and a hint of vanilla and pine over an underlying mustiness.

Violet notices the look on her face, having felt quite similarly when she first started here. "A library is like an island in the middle of a vast sea of ignorance, particularly if the library is very tall and the surrounding are has been flooded" , Nini smiles, the words seem awfully familiar.

"Lemony Snicket"

Via chuckles lightly "used to be my favorite as a kid"

______________________

"Greetings my fellow pretty ladies" Maddox is standing outside the cafeteria, waiting for them. They head inside the large dining hall quickly, getting in line to grab their room.

Once they get their food, they quickly speed walk out of the dining hall, Nini is extremely confused but follows along anyways

Once they get their food, they quickly speed walk out of the dining hall, Nini is extremely confused but follows along anyways. She catches a glimpse of Ricky as they're walking across the hall. He's surrounded by a bunch of boys she doesn't recognize, she vaguely knows one of them is the football captain and one is the head boy, however she can't recall either of their names. There's a girl on Ricky's lap, she has long blond hair, pinned in the front, a few girls with her at the table too.

"Where are we going?"

"My is she impatient" violet laughs, putting on an accent as they walk through the cold outside air, having left from the back of the building.
"Very very dearest, shall we tape her mouth and throw her over our shoulders, perhaps we will get there faster" Maddie chips in.

Nini stifles a laugh "kinky"

"My my Ms. Salazar-Roberts, such foul thinking. An atrocity, she seemed such a pure soul" Maddie sighs dramatically, back of her hand to her forehead.

"We're almost there" Via says, now returning to her normal voice. She points to four people sitting on a blanket in the middle of the field. The back fields lead to Forrest area, so the middle of the field is just grass, the open space is quite refreshing.

There's four boys sitting there, she recognizes Nick and Charlie from this morning. "Nini hi!!"
"Hey!"

"Hey guys" she sits down, feeling slightly shy. "Hey" a blond boy says, he just has that feel about him, the kind loving type of personality. "I'm Sebastian, Seb and this is Carlos"

"Welcome to the weekly gathering of the circle of gays" the fourth guy pitches in.

"It was a coincidence" via says.

"Ehh"

Nini looks confused to Maddie decides to elaborate "we're the only out kids in school, other than like 2 more people maybe?"

"Really???"

"Mhm, anyways, meet your British gays, your theatre gays and of course you know us, your girl gays" she lightens the mood.

"So basically I'm a seventh wheel?"

"Basically" Charlie says, patting her shoulder.

Nini enjoys lunch a lot, they're some of the funniest and nicest people she's met. They don't make her feel out of place, engaging in conversation and telling her about school. Carlos and Seb tell her about Miss Jenn, who she is yet to meet. She learns that Charlie plays drums in the orchestra and that the drama club is putting on an elaborate version of a little mermaid this semester as the winter musical. They then get into discussion about the student council, since violet is a prefect.

"All members on the council are seniors, there are six prefects and two school captains. Prefects consist of two sports captains, one arts and cultural affairs head, one science and innovation head which is me, one editor of the school paper  The Oakridge Gazette and one disaster management head" Violet explains.

"The captains this year are Briar Nolan and Landon Perry"

______________________

word count: 937its official pride month here so happy early pride to all of you <3it's a coincidence but this is a great 1st of June chapter to put out lol

word count: 937
its official pride month here so happy early pride to all of you <3
it's a coincidence but this is a great 1st of June chapter to put out lol

any thoughts?

more chapters to come tmr!