7 - shut away

TW: ed, family issues

Ricky wakes up around eight in the morning, his alarm going off loudly. Ej groans, rubbing his eyes. Winter shifts around, jumping onto Ricky and licking his face. He figures she needs to go on a walk.

Ricky sits on the bed in silence, playing with Winnie while Ej shuffles around his bedroom, getting ready to leave. "How are you going home?" Ricky says in almost a whisper, completely preoccupied by his thoughts. "The Hus, I can walk from Zeph's place then"
Ricky nods in acknowledgment as Ej runs down the stairs. He follows with Winter, slightly out of it.

Ej runs out the door, the car is already on, he watches Ej hop into the extreme back seat with little ones, Zephyr waves to him before they drive off. The air is cold, it's a cloudy day today, he walks Winnie down the road, he doesn't want to drop her back home yet.

When he gets back, his dad is in the living room, dressed in a suit as usual. Bertha and Isabella, their house help moving around in the dining hall and kitchen. "Take her up to your room please" his dad says, seemingly tense "and get dressed yeah?" The expression on Mike's face is pleading, desperate almost, his mind clearly wavering.

Ricky nods, lifting Winter up quickly and going up to his room. He puts her down on his bed, giving her kibble and water for now.