19| The love he was always discarded from

I walk through the empty corridor after dropping by Becky's room for handing her the phone she left in the living room.

The worst part about huge houses is that, if you are scared it will scare you more even when there is nothing actually to be scared of.

I saw the door of the room just beside mine open. The lights are turned on. If I am not wrong, Cedric intentionally chose the room just beside mine earlier.

I knock at the door but no one responds.

I walk inside slowly after peeking inside the room to find Cedric's backpack. I can never mistake his bag, that is like the only bag he owns!

I entered the room to find him hanging on half of the bed. His toes are touching the floor and his body lays on the bed. He is breathing heavily, he is obviously troubled with breathing in this position. His nose is literally buried on the bed sheet.

I walk closer to hold his hand and turn him around so that he can sleep properly.

"Cedric?"

Damn, his hand is heavy.

He groans in his sleep. I half sit on the bed and try to adjust him with both my hands.

He throws his hand in the air to look up at the sudden intruder. Robinson must have just thrown him on the bed and left in a hurry and did not even close the door properly.

"Who are you?"

He says frowning. Either he is still drunk or he was in a really deep sleep.

"seriously dude?"

"Shorty?"

He giggled which made me blush. His face is so red that I do believe he is actually a bit too drunk.

"common sleep properly"

He turned around on the bed like I instructed but ended up pulling me with his strong arms. He must have always held my hand gently for now that his brain is not functioning properly, his grip is a bit too tight. It is not hurting though. Not that much...

He keeps looking at me. He doesn't say a single word.

"What?"

I say smiling.

"I miss her, Leah."

My face becomes pale and my heart starts beating fast. It's not excitement, it's fear. The fear of losing someone. Losing him.

I can't make myself talk now.

A tear leaves his eye but his smile does not fade, it stays. His eyes still settled on my face. Glancing at every corner of my face.

"I will die if I ever lose you"

I blink.

"I wish I had died with her that day itself"

Tears keep leaving his eyes every second.

"I wish I was never born. Then maybe she would still be here"

A splinter of confusion strikes up in my heart. I feel his hand tightening up on my back pulling me even closer.

"Who?"

I say at last.

His eyes keep moving now. They are tired. They will fall asleep soon.

"Elenora"

He almost mumbles in his sleep. I wipe off the tears from his cheek.

I did not notice how even my cheeks had turned wet from my own set of tears.