12| What pain do those blue eyes have to hold?

I had to tell Pops and Granny about yesterday because there was no way I could give them any excuses about the scars that man left me with. Pops insists on taking me to school by car from today. It makes no sense but I don't argue. He will understand soon.

When I reached school it was the right time. I found Ava and her group near the lockers. They Surprisingly did not wave at me and acted like they cannot see me instead. I walked to them and greeted them.

All I got was a 'Hm' from Serah.

"Okay... what's the deal?"

I asked reluctantly

"Nothing dude. Why are you here anyway?"

Ava said aggressively. I blink at her sudden-rude behavior, for a while.

"what are you looking at?"

Sarah interrupted.

"Wow"

"Kaven told us all about how you humiliated him with their gang. Weren't you people enemies even the day before yesterday? What magic did you do?"

Ava said disgustedly.

"I know. Let me tell you"

Serah smirked. I know where this is going.

"OH shut up!"

I frown and walk away. What the hell is wrong with them? They were okay even till yesterday. And when did I even humiliate Kaven? Seriously can't believe they are doing this. I had a bad feeling about this group from the very beginning but I never thought they could backfire on me instead.

"Leah!"

I look around to find Becky standing with Mia, Robinson, James, and David. I wish I could avoid them but I cannot just ignore Becky. Having nothing else to do I join them.

"What happened there just now?" Becky asked with a concerned look.

"I don't know. They think I humiliated Kaven with them" I pointed at the three boys.

"The hell dude?"

"I know right? Even I don't get this shit."

"I heard from Cedric what happened last night. Are you okay?"

Mia said with apologetic eyes. I think she wants to talk and make things right between us perhaps.

"Yes I'm all fit"

"Obviously she is! Cedric saved her. Can you believe it? Mostly the opposite happens"

Becky bursts out laughing hard. I rub her back when she starts coughing because of choking while laughing.

"He is savage" Mia added.

"Ew"

I could not help it; it came out on its own. I just can't make myself appreciate him in front of him or his friends no matter how much might I adore him from within.

Mia added a brief laughter.

"Damn really?"

Belanger stands leaning on the lockers with a smirk. I roll my eyes at his overreaction.

"Why the fuck is she so chaotic always?"

Robinson asked James with a frown eyeing me.

"Excuse me?" I frown stepping ahead.

"You should be thankful that Cedric has your back or else you'd be lying dead on the floor," he says gritting his teeth.

"What the fuck is your problem? How many times have you already said the same shit? Why do you keep saying the same thing if you are not going to do anything? Why take the trouble of saying it anyway then?"