17| His eyes screamed I care

Time started speeding since then.

We all met and decided everything. It's the Tali beach near the coast which is our destination. It's a drive of 5 hours from here.

Mia's uncle apparently has a beach house there which is big enough for us to enjoy five freaking days. There will be a few maids to cook and do stuff for us.

Mom and Dad came back last week. We hugged and Mom cried. Dad on the other hand hugged me for a bit too long, it was wholesome. They bought me a few new dresses and mom brought cakes from my favorite dessert shop there.

We talked and ate watermelon in the garden at night. Pops had long talks with Dad whereas Mom and Granny were sharing gossip and I kept adding a point or two. I can't explain how much did I miss these days.

I am in the car right now with Becky, Belanger, Robinson, and Mia. James will be joining two days later whereas David will not be able to join at all. He has some family shit to look after.

It is like a dream to me to go on a trip with friends especially when they are not Hannah and Steve. If I am being honest enough, I miss Hannah and Steve so much today. I will not be able to meet them any sooner than the winter Vacation.

"Stop the car Cedric, let's have lunch here. What say?"

Mia looks at us and we give approving nods and smiles. 

Becky wanted to have a picnic on our way there if the weather permitted and it seems it does, so here we are getting out of the car with tablecloths and baskets full of food.

The sun is just above our heads but there are fluffy clouds scattered all around the sky that made the weather bearable. We started arranging things on plates.

"I made the muffins"

Cedric says pointing at a basket with a proud smile. We look up at him and he keeps his smile pasted throughout the praising sessions.

After arranging everything we finally sit together and start having the delicious dishes our moms made. 

I noticed Cedric brought canned desserts, drinks, and his handmade muffins which are near to be over-baked but we decided to praise him to even try making that.

There is some part of me that keeps hammering he has so much to say yet it's not enough to be listened to, which makes him go quiet about it.

"Am I that attractive?"

He whispered in my ear making me break the stare. I did not realize I was staring at him the whole time.

"I was just wondering how can someone look so barbaric even in broad daylight"

I smirked biting a muffin.

"Act fool"

He rolled his eyes and went back to his motorbiking race story from last year.

***

I drive this time because most of them started yawning just after we had our lunch. 

Becky sat beside me and did some online project shit. How can she make herself do the project when we are out here for the break? She certainly deserves to be the top ranker she already is.

It was a 2-hour long drive and the people in the back literally slept the whole way. I glanced a number of times at Cedric who was clearly visible from the mirror.

"We are here. Wake up!" I said aloud to wake them up.

"already?"

Robinson mumbled getting up.

"why how much longer did you expect it to be?"

I say frowning. I can never make myself talk properly to Robinson.

"Shut up before I curse you"

"Whatever"

I get out of the car.

"wait I'll call the maids they will take the luggage"

Mia says dialing in her iPhone.

Belanger walked out of the car stretching his legs.

"look at the advantages of having short legs, Belanger"

I give an evil smile.

I think he was in a too-much-of-a-deep sleep for he looks at my face for a while processing my words when he finally says, "Yea..."

I laughed out loud at his expression.

"Did you sleep well?"

I say walking ahead towards him.

"No, I dreamt of you"

"you did?"

He pulled me forward.

"you doubt?"

Before I could say anything further, two middle-aged women and a young boy came running in this direction.

Becky and the others walked out of the car. The boy took some of the luggage with both his hands.

"I don't think he can take all of these. Let me help"

I said taking the shorter handbags that had the leftover food.

"It's fine Leah, just chill"

Mia said smiling.

I sometimes feel so dumb. It's like they can "chill" but I can't. As if I overreact to everything. 

It is pretty evident the boy can't take all of these alone, all I tried was to help but maybe they think I am trying to act like a really good person.

"let me take you to the rooms," said the woman.

They started moving ahead.

Cedric's arm gripped my shoulder and the other took the bag from me. I thought he will keep it in the crowd of luggage in there but he did not. He just held it in his hand and led me ahead.

Maybe he understands or maybe he is just too good to me and whatever I do.

They showed us around and took us to different rooms. We chose our rooms. We all were given different rooms.

We met that boy on our way again with the second set of luggage. He smiled and uttered, "Thank you for earlier"

I did not smile. I just nod for Cedric grinned for me instead.

He makes me feel full.

Even when something goes missing he makes it look more than enough.

He is the moon to my tormented night sky.

A/N

Sorry for the late updates(┬┬﹏┬┬)