6| They call me a joke now

:Cedric Belanger:

I walk down the staircase. My blood is boiling through my veins. I can fucking kick someone out of my way right now. Where the fuck is Robinson?!

I got hold of the collar of a boy passing by. I turn to him and ask in a rigid tone, "Where is Robinson?"

My eyes are as cold as ice. He stutters and then informs he has no idea. Fucking worthless. I throw him off the stairs.

"you won't die. It's just a few scratches and cuts" I walk past his injured body.

"move out of my way bastards!" I shout through the corridor.

They all make my way. They know very nicely what will happen to them if they come in the way of the enraged Cedric Belanger. How dare he not tell me the whole goddam story. He must have a death wish.

I kick open the exit door of the building and head towards the parking lot. David and James are standing near our bikes, smoking.

"what's up, man?" James asked blowing the smoke out of his mouth.

I kick-start the motor and side-eye him, "Ask Robinson if you meet him again"

I turn the bike around. They seem to follow me as obviously, they know what might happen next.

"if you dare follow me, one bullet will collide with each of your empty skulls"

I leave them behind with the smoke that shoves off their faces. He must be at the godown villa right now. I can't believe what I am doing right now. How the fuck was her mouth bleeding? What did he do? He fucking could do it to anyone, freaking anyone but not her. Not. Her.

I speed up the bike. I even forgot to put on the helmet. My hair is flying with the breeze. It is kind of cooling down my rage but what I am doing right now is making me mad now. I am out here, going to hunt down my best friend for a girl who just showed up a few days ago. But my heart knows, It's not just a girl. It's more than that. Could she be her?

***

I kick open the door. There he lies on the sofa with a glass of white wine enjoying his day with one of his sluts.

"leave"

I stand rigidly in the doorway for the girl to leave. The girl gets up, shocked. But Ray pulls her wrist preventing her from walking away.

"I won't fucking repeat again"

Robinson takes the hint and leaves her hand and she slowly leaves the room. I close the door behind me with my leg. He knows something is up but he won't ask. He concentrates on his wine. I step forward towards his sofa.

"Did you happen to beat Leah?"

His expression changes into a frown.

"Are you kidding me? that bitch? And here I thought it was something serious"

He sat back comfortably on the sofa putting the glass on the table. My hands turn into a fist.

"Yes, Leah. Did you fucking touch her?"

"yes, I did. So what? She was not the first and she won't be the last either. Why the hell are you so concerned about her? I don't understand this shit."

He finished and my punch landed on his cheek. He fell on the sofa, his face drowning in the cushions.

"she might have not been the first. She can also not be the last. But this must be your last time touching her"

He caught hold of my collar with one hand and the other in front of me forming a fist. He is slightly shorter but has more muscles in his body. That certainly never means he can knock me down.

"Why? Who is she to get the fucking special treatment? What is wrong with you"

He punches my face. I feel blood tickling down my mouth. Did he punch her like this?

"I don't know! You just won't touch her again or I will beat the hell out of you"

I pushed him back. He fell on the table. He could easily come back at me but he chooses not to. He just sits there, wiping his own share of blood. He finally looks up at me with a mild smile.

"Well, this is the first time I see you going crazy over a girl. What's the matter?"

He says in a soft tone.

I sit back on the sofa, arms stretched to rest.

"I told you. I don't know. I am yet to figure out"

He takes the support of his arms to sit comfortably on the table, leaning back.

"I kind of sensed it that day when you kept blabbering about a girl who fucking ignored you. You were not angry, you were amazed. Even yesterday, when you asked me to leave her. I thought you wanted to show off your good nature in front of the students"

He paused and threw a flying silly kick at my leg.

"but in the evening when we were talking shit about her, you did not utter a word. You were just smoking and trying to act like you were listening when you were not. You were smiling and throwing looks on David who explained how much of a duck was she looking in her outfit."

I smiled looking away. This is embarrassing. How the fuck did he know all this?

"This was the first time you did not support us when we were talking shit about someone. It was just a bit too obvious dude"

"I somehow want it to be obvious. I want her to know. I always wanted her to know"

He frowns when I finish my sentence but he did not ask any questions. He knows I won't answer. This is why he is my best friend. He freaking understands me, no one else does. They don't even try. Boys envy me and girls try to impress me with whatever they are good at. But she...

She never found it necessary to impress me. She, on the other hand, ignored my existence and that I had spoken to her. This interested me. This pulled me. I loved the way she turned back with pale eyes as to what mess she had made.

I liked the way she always tried to avoid me. The way she never looks me in the eye, at least tries not to. I am out of it. Seriously.

Just because the stupid statue got all her attention I fucking threw it away. Am I actually insane? Damn. I am not even mad at that.

I get up from the sofa and walk towards the door.

"off to?"

He asks.

"Home. I need some sleep"

"you seriously do. What a joke"

I smile on my way back at his comment. Thanks to Shorty, people call the to-be brand ambassador of Reok a 'joke' nowadays and I love it.