Chapter 64

|Sialeed Falena - Queen's Little Sister|

I frown a little when I see how the semi-finals are going. It was a mess. Belcoot, the second favorite person to win the fight, cannot even hold his sword properly when fighting the proxy from Godwin's house.

I go to the infirmary with Freyjadour and learn that the other doctor does not know the reason why he cannot hold his sword like that. Lucky for him, Doctor Murad manages to create a weaker antidote from the potion Jacob uses to flush away the poison in his body.

It will take longer to heal Belcoot, but he will recover. When we got out of the infirmary, I looked at Freyjadour and said,

"Frey Frey. Where were you guys going last night?"

"After we are rescuing Maria we go to the inn where we are celebrating our rescue. Maria cooks a lot of food for us and then we are back to the palace right away."

That means he can only be poisoned when he eats food with Freyjadour. Does that mean Maria is a Godwin supporter? No. She is too innocent for that. I also have a feeling that she did not do it willingly.

What are you planning for Gizel? Why are you so bold?

I shake my head and say.

"We need to get back to the arena. The final will start."

While Belcoot is poisoned, Jacob's opponent pays his way through the competition. It looks like there has been a leak and the fighter pays his way up to the semi-finals. Sadly for him, he cannot go to the final because Jacob did not take any bribes and defeated him in ten seconds. It was a pathetic sight.

Seeing a man demanding his victory and using his father's name is not a sight I want to see in the semi-finals. Even little Lymsleia was disgusted at sight.

"Righ, the final. I hope Jacob will win."

"Ohhh? Are you sure you want him to win? He will be your brother-in-law, you know?"

"I know and I don't mind it. I know Jacob and I like him. I think he is the right choice for little Lymsleia."

I smile at his words, but deep inside, I know I disagree with him. Not because he is not the right choice for Lymsleia but rather for a selfish reason. I want him for myself. Is it wrong to want someone for myself? Jacob is the only person who likes me for who I am, not because of my title and standing in the social class.

I shake my head when we arrive at our seats, where I can see the start will start in a few minutes.

"How is it, Sialeeds?"

I look at Arshtat and say.

"There is nothing foul. The doctor said that he had too much to drink. I think he drank too much Korock Red Wine and did not have enough rest."

It was a code. Korock Red Wine is a cheap wine with a strong smell that can mask a lot of drugs and does not have enough rest because of the effect of poison. I tell her that there is foul play going on.

"I see. I hope he will get well soon."

"Don't worry. Doctor Murad is the one taking care of him."

"Good. He is in good hands."

I nod my head and wait for the break to be over. After a few minutes, the announcer gets inside the arena and says.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! We are now witnessing the fight! The battle that decides the winner of the Sacred Games!"

I can hear the people screaming in excitement.

"Let us give a warm welcome to our contestant! On the left side is a young man from the north! He fights using the technique so wild and hard to predict he will become a wave on the sea! After doing some digging, I also know that this man is the newest apprentice of our beloved Great Admiral, Raja! Give an applause to Jacob Shiff!"

I get up from my seat and applaud when I see Jacob enter the arena. He is healthy and ready to fight. Good.

"On the right side is a mysterious figure that works for Lord Godwin! He is the purple lightning for his speed and thunderous shout that make his opponent lose their balance. He is the master of hidden weapons and the most dangerous weapon is his own body! Welcome! Childerich!"

The only one applauding is the supporter of the noble or the one they pay to show support for Childerich. Lord Godwin is all about appearance. He did not want to be seen as a weak noble house.

Spending a good amount of money is not a problem for them. As long as they do not look weak, they will do it.

"Both fighters! Are you ready?!"

I can see Jacob nod his head while Childerich laughs loudly before nodding his head. I have a bad feeling about this. I look to the side and see Gizel smiling at the arena; this smile is not something I like.

They are planning something, and it involves Jacob.

"The fight starts in 3! 2! 1! Go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, I have P@treon; if you want to support me and read my other work, or if you want to donate and buy me some coffee, you can directly send it to my Paypal.

Here is the link:

P@treon.com/Luxvondeux

&

Paypal.me/Luxvondeux (If you want for me to write more <Every 2$ I will post one chapter>