Chapter 22

|3rd POV|

Minerva looks at the young man in front of her and frowns a little, not like it changes anything on her face. In front of her is Gilderoy Lockhart, the graduate from Hogwart and the so-called most daring wizard in the world.

Minerva knows all of his accomplishments are rubbish. While Gilderoy is above average in magical potential, she knows that he is extremely lazy and will not reach his potential.

She will not agree to accept him to be the teacher in Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts, but she needs evidence to prove he is nothing but a fraud.

She already knows that all of his books are nothing but horse shit. She knows that Gilderoy manages to obliviate all of his victims, and by the time he obliviates her friend in France, she cannot gather enough political power to put him in jail.

Her friend had already put her story to the publisher but was met with heavy criticism from all sides. The publisher decided to make an apology and promise they would not publish something that tarnishes the name of Gilderoy.

He is already too powerful to touch at that point. However, she needs some heavy proof, and her employer brings a good idea. Dumbledore will invite him to Hogwart to teach in DADA and show the world that Gilderoy does not qualify as a teacher, and he will use his position to order a background check for all of Gilderoy's books.

It looks like Dumbledore's friend is also the victim of the Gilderoy memory spell, and he wants to do some payback. In the original timeline, Gilderoy will notice this a few weeks from now and decide to join the Dark Lord.

He will be the one that provides Voldermort and his men a way to Hogwarts. But, sadly for the Dark Lord, he is not the same Gilderoy. He needs to go from the front door.

"Good morning, Professor McGonagall."

"Good morning, mister Lockhart. Thank you for coming here. I'm sorry that the headmaster cannot greet you as he is quite busy at this time of the year."

"Ah, don't mention, professor. I'm quite happy with you greeting me."

Minerva looks at Gilderoy in suspicion. The young man in front of her behaves very differently than the last time she saw him. The last time she saw him, he was very narcissistic, arrogant, and egomaniac.

On the other hand, the man in front of her is very calm, his eyes looking at her just like a dragon looking at its equal, and he stands proud just like a warrior in the past.

She shakes her head a little and decides to discard that image from her mind. She is a witch on a mission.

"So, Mister Lockhart. Are you excited about teaching at Hogwarts? I hear the reporter will be attending your first class."

"Truly? Then I will try not to make the class boring, then."

Minerva leads him to his new office, and when they arrive, she looks at him and says,

"This will be your office, mister Lockhart. A house-elf will be assigned to you. You can tell them all the things you need. Your bedroom is on the second floor. Your office password will be given to you later this afternoon after the meeting between Hogwarts staff."

"Of course. Thank you for your help, Professor McGonagall."

"Please call me Minerva-" She forced herself to say that. "We will be colleagues, after all."

"Then please call me Gilderoy, Minerva."

She nods her head and says.

"If there is nothing else, I should be going. Your house-elf will be informing you about the meeting in a few hours. You can go unpacking and get ready for the meeting."

"Ah, before you go. Can I ask you a favor?"

"Hmmm? What kind of favor?"

"Can I have the previous professor's book they use for the student? I did not have any experience in teaching a student but I'm willing to learn."

She looks at Gilderoy with the same suspicion as before. Then, after a few seconds, she nods her head and says.

"Very well. The book will be sent to your office after the meeting."

"Thank you."

She nods her head and walks away from Gilderoy, who is closing the door. After closing the door, Gilderoy sits on the chair and releases a tired sigh.

Gilderoy-Jacob releases another sigh and opens his system. After he saw the letter after his transport, he immediately went to Hogwarts via Floo Network (0/10 experience. I will not try it again).

He did not even have time to have a break. But, lucky for him, he had a few hours before meeting the other professor. He thought that he even had time to train his new runes, both of them. He wants to train his Star Rune and Cyclone Rune.

|Star Rune| |Level: 1|

|The child of the Night Rune and the one who governs the star in the sky. Those who hold the Star Rune can see that many cannot. They can take a glance into the future that is shrouded in the midst of time.|

{Passive: Can use the light of the star to heal or enchant your body. You can even use it to create a destructive attack}

{Active: Every spell does not use mana and is more powerful the higher the level.}

[Spell]

{Twinkling Star: Call the power of the stars and shower your enemy with its destruction power}{Can be used once everyday cycle}

His first plan is to use the temporary skill given to him by R.O.B and learn all the skills as a wizard. First, however, he needed to ask the other professor about the book because he did not have any books about it.

Jacob releases another sigh and walks toward the bookshelf at the corner of the room. As he gets closer, he widens his eyes when he sees that all of them are books about anything related to Dark Against the Dark Arts.

"Well, I have the material I need. Now... the only thing I need to do is train."

Jacob opens his system again and presses the skill R.O.B gave him earlier.

|Portable Dungeon| |Level: MAX| |Temporary Skill|

{Werewolf (Level 12 - Level 25)}

[Note! The time outside will be stopped, but you can only stay inside the dungeon for 48 hours. You will be kicked out of the dungeon when the time runs out.]

With this skill, Jacob is confident he can teach something to the students of Hogwarts.