Chapter 59

I wave my hand at the prince and his company as they walk away from the tavern. They are a pleasant bunch.

Now, what should I do? Should I go hunting? The day is still long, and I want to prepare as much as I can. I open up the map and see where the nearby dungeon is. It was not too far away from Stormfist, just a kilometer away from the city.

I nod my head and walk toward the bakery. I need a lot of food. I want to train until late.

After fifteen minutes of shopping, I'm ready. I walk out of Stormfist and go to the dungeon.

=||=

|Salamander's Nest| |Recommended level: 67 - 89|

I take a deep breath and get inside the cavern in front of me. When I get inside, I'm transported into a volcanic cavern. I take out my sword and enchant it with lightning mana from my lightning rune.

It was not even the tenth step when I saw a fire-breathing lizard appear in front of me. The lizard roared and spat a blob of lava from its mouth. I dodged the attack, but before I could land on the ground, the fire lizard spits another blob of lava from its mouth.

I quickly manipulate the air around me and hit the ground to change the direction of my landing. I ignored the pain coming from my shoulder when some of the lava landed on it.

I enchant my leg with wind mana and dash forward. I jump around to dodge all the blob of lava coming at me and appear on top of the salamander. I thrust my sword and hit it right in the eyes. It is screaming in pain, but I increase the amount of lightning around my sword and see it fry the inside of my enemy.

It falls to the ground before disappearing into thin air. I nod my head and continue walking deeper into the dungeon.

~The next day~

|Name: Jacob Shiff|

|Race: Human|

|Level: 75|

|HP: 5710/5710|

|MP: 6720/6720|

|STR: 493|

|VIT: 571|

|DEX: 481|

|INT: 557|

|WIS: 672|

|SP: 375|

I level up four times after relentlessly hunting the salamander. It was a hard time, but I managed to defeat a level eighty Salamander. That bastard is a tough cookie. The only places I can hit it are the eyes and the reverse scale at the end of his body, hidden among the other scales.

And now, I've arrived in the arena once more. I don't know who will be my opponent, but I'm excited. Today, there will be two fights for each contestant. Just like before, I will be the first one to fight.

"The first fighter! Please go to your entrance!"

I nod and follow the guard leading me to the other side of the arena. I release another sigh and prepare myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Lymsleia cannot help but jump up and down when she hears that Jacob will be the one fighting first. Out of the fight, only Jacob made her interested in the tournament. His fights are eye-catching, and his fighting style is beautiful.

She couldn't help but invest in the fight.

"Welcome! Welcome! We are back in the Sacred Games! Let me reintroduce you to our contestant for today's match! On the west side is the man who wins using a beautiful yet deadly dance of the Feitas River! He is the man coming from the north and a great swordsman! He is Jacob Shiff!!!"

Jacob walks to the arena and gives the audience a smile and a wave. In the VIP section, the royal family gets up and applauds him. Sitting not too far away from the VIP section, Gizel Godwin frowned at the sight in front of him.

He did not like how the royal family favored Jacob. He did not mind the royal family hating him, but he did not want them to favor one person blatantly.

The final is tomorrow, and if Jacob wins this fight, he will get a chance to marry Lymsleia. Gizel needs to make sure Jacob cannot win the final. He is too paranoid about letting Jacob go to the final.

"Dolph."

"Yes, sir?"

"Make sure that Jacob cannot reach the final fight."

"Does that mean we will cancel our plan for Belcoot?"

"No. He will receive a slow-acting poison. I want a fast-acting poison for Jacob."

"Of course."

Gizel nods his head and looks at the arena. Even with this order, the bad feeling inside his heart did not get away. However, he decides to suppress it as he is confident that his plan will not fail.

He snapped from his thoughts when the announcer started to speak once again.

"And on the east side is the man that is feared in the north! He is from the Scarlet Moon Empire! He is the leader of a Thunder Bird Mercenary! A mercenary group that joins twenty wars and wins every time! A man that was never defeated in battle! He is Julian the Lightning Bolt!"

Jacob looks at the man coming out from the opposite direction of him. The man in front of him is lean but filled with muscle. Julian has a long sword on his back. He waved at the audience before looking at Jacob.

Julian gives Jacob a smile and nods his head. Jacob decides to return it with his own smile and nod. After nodding his head, Jacob looks at his opponent and sees the level above his head.

|Julian| |Level: 76|

Jacob frowned a little at the level of his opponent. This is the first opponent he faced that was above his level. He had never seen Julian in the waiting room and never knew that there were other people who were above his level.

He has the urge to use his SP but decides to hold it for a moment. If his opponent is stronger than him, then he will use them.

"Are both fighters ready?!"

Julian and Jacob nod their head at the question.

"Great! Then the fight will start at 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! If you want to read more, you can visit my P@treon (P@treon.com/luxvondeux), or if you want to directly donate to me and encourage me to write more, you can go to my Paypal (Paypal.me/luxvondeux) For every 2 USD, I will post one chapter. If there are more than two bonus chapters, I will post them tomorrow.