Chapter 58

|Silva - Lordlake Doctor|

I smile a little when I hear the people of Lordlake cheering at the screen in front of them. With this victory, Jacob managed to get into the quarter-final. The man who gives us hope wins the fight that can decide our fate.

I know the others did not mind if he lost the fight, but deep down, they hoped Jacob would win the fight and help them get out of this problem.

Jacob is the one helping them in their time of need, and he is the one healing them and making sure they can see the other day. I may have pride as a doctor, but I know that there is something that only a healer can do to save someone's life.

As a doctor, I want to tell him that he should quit the Sacred Games as he has a chance of getting killed in that tournament. Hell, there are already two people dying in the arena. There is a reason why the noble did not want to participate in the tournament and only used a proxy system.

They could die, and they are afraid of dying.

I don't want a bright man like him to die in this tournament. He has a talent for medicine and healing art. With enough time and resources, I know he can be both a great doctor and a healer. As a doctor, I want to see this seed grow into a mighty tree.

However, like the rest of Lordlake citizens, I want him to win. I was and am still a citizen of Lordlake. I want my home to flourishing once again. I want to see Lordlake filled with trees and glistening water running around Lordlake.

I want to see the children running around with a smile on their faces. I want this place to get back to its glory days.

"Hah. Never in my day saw the grumpy old Silva smiling like that."

I look to my left and see Talgeyl smiling with two glasses of water in his hand. I take the glass of water in his hand and drink it.

"Hmph. Of course, I'm smiling. If he wins, Lordlake will have a bright future. Also, don't tell me that when you are also smiling from ear to ear, Talgeyl."

"Hahahahaha. I guess you are right."

Talgeyl looks at the screen and smiles even brighter. Heh. You never know when your small help can get you massive support. When I said that the people of Lordlake would rebel if something happened to him, I was telling the truth.

Jacob is our family, and we will always protect our family. That is the Tenet of Lordlake's people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Raja - Admiral of Raftfleet|

"Woooo!"

"Yeah! Cheer for our boy Jacob!"

I smile a little as Lun and Logg cheer at the fight between Jacob and his opponent. I'm proud to see that my teaching has not gone to waste. His opponent is tough with the speed that can be compared to him and the instinct to see the incoming attack.

However, Jacob managed to use his swordplay not to let his opponent make a move. He executes the Endless Wave flawlessly and makes sure to lock his opponent's movement to follow his rhythm.

When that happens, it only takes a few minutes for the man to get defeated by Jacob. If not for his armor, he would have already been defeated two minutes ago.

"Your wine, ma'am."

I smile at Kisara and say.

"Thanks, Kisara. You also need to celebrate, you know? He is also your student. He will fight tomorrow in the quarter-final."

"Oh, I will. I will celebrate, all right."

I can see Kisara look at Logg with a smile on her face, a predatory smile.