sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀs...ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ

Start from the beginning

"Twelve hundred", the guy said.

"Let me see his paperwork."

"Ok, I'll be right back", he said walking off.

"Oakley you better off buying Tiana a damn bird", I said turning to him.

"She asked for a dog not a bird."

"You're about to spend twelve hundred on a dog.. for a six year old", I said trying to make him realize that what he was doing was unreasonable.

"Anything for our daughter."

"Oakley like I said in the car. Who's gone take care of it when you're overseas?"

"And like I said, co-parenting."

"I don't have time for a dog. What don't you understand about that?", I sighed.

"Okay okay. Say I get her a bird. Do you think she'll like it?"

"She loves all animals. She'd be happy if you got her a frog", I said making him chuckle.

"We'll find her a bird next week then. That fine with you?"

"Yeah."

Oakley pulled me in for a kiss and I moaned into his mouth. He wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer.

"Cee", I hummed pulling back. "We can't be doing this."

"Why not?", he said lowly, looking into my eyes.

"Cause we're not together", I sighed.

"You say that as if we wasn't just fucking two hours ago", he said and arched a brow. "I can fuck you but I can't kiss you?"

"We shouldn't even be fucking. We keep doing stuff that people that are together do."

"You keep toying my emotions Riley", he sighed letting me go.

"I'm not trying to Oakley I'm just confused", I said and frowned.

"Confused about what? It's quite obvious that neither one of us is truly over this", he said and motioned between me and him.

"I get that but I'm just not ready to be in a relationship again."

"You say that but you act like we're in one."

"No Oakley. You act like we're in a relationship. You're the one who wants to do all these things that couples do. You just can't come to the conclusion that we're not together Oakley."

His eyes saddened a little before they went dark.

"You know what you're right. We're not together", he said emotionless. "I'll do me and you do you. If it's not about Tiana I won't hit you up and you won't hit me up. You wanna be bitter, let's be bitter then."

Damn.

"Oakley-", I started before he cut me off.

"If it's not about Tiana I don't care", he said and walked out, slamming the door.

"Hi baby", I said squatting down to Tiana's level.

"Hi mommy", she said and hugged me.

"Did you have fun with your dad today?", I asked after she pulled back.

"YES! We got ice cream. I put gummy bears and sprinkles on mine", she said excitedly.

"That sounds good. You didn't save any for me?"

"No..I ate it all by myself. Daddy said I'm a big girl."