Chapter 42

Scarlet groaned as she regained consciousness, she laid on the bed with her eyes shot not wanting to leave the comfort of the bed, after few minutes of basking in the beautiful comfort she decided to open her eyes and as she stared at the ceiling she noticed it was different from the one she was at before, quickly she sat up to look at her surroundings and as she thought she wasn't in the same room, she removed the duvet that covered her and got out of the bed. Almost Immediately the door of the room was pulled open and Xavier stepped in, scarlet rolled her eyes at him and knitted her brow in a frown, yes he was hot but he was a hot jerk and she definitely couldn't stand him already.

"You shouldn't be standing" Xavier said with a frown on his face.

"Says who?" Scarlet said with her arms crossed on her chest, she hated how he still looked incredibly handsome just like the first time she saw him.

"Says me your doctor, go back to bed" Xavier said while going through a medical chart in his hands.

"Well i never said i needed a doctor...i am perfectly fine and if i do ill ask for Catarina" scarlet said.

"Catarina is a pediatrician there's only little she can do for you...Now sit" Xavier said this time holding her gaze.

"No i need to see my child" Scarlet said.

"Sofia is fine the antibiotics are working now can you lie down you are dehydrated you dont need to move around" Xavier said.

"I need to see her for myself besides i dont trust you and i dont want you as my doctor" Scarlet said angrily, she didn't know why she was angry all she knew was that he was the last person on earth she would want to attend to her because her heart still skipped a beat when he walked in.

"Sit Scarlet sit" Xavier said and closed the gap between them.

Scarlet took a step backward to create distance between them but found herself sitting on the bed, she looked away from him trying to hide the redness on her cheek, she hated how his presence made her feel, the minute he closed the gap between them his musky scent engulfed her senses which made her took a step back an attempt to run away from him which failed woefully.

"Good Girl" Xavier said with a smirk on his face as he looked own at her.

This was the first time she saw a resemblance of a smile on his face and boy did he look like a handsome devil that could do so many bad things to her and she shamelessly longed for it.

"Am not a girl dont treat me like one" Scarlet said looking at anything and everything that wasnt him.

"oh really?" Xavier said and then squat down so he could look her in the eye as she sat on the bed.

"So then what are you?" He said holding her gaze.

Scarlets breathe became heavy as she stared into his beautiful eyes, it was like they were pulling her into a sensual world of immense pleasure and his beautiful scent clouded her senses blocking out every form of reasoning as she let herself get captivated by this strangers eyes, she let out a silent breathe as Xavier leaned into her that their faces were merely inches apart.

"What are you Scarl?" Xavier said starring at her lips.

"Definitely not someone you should address in such way" Scarlet said and turned her face away from his, which took every form self control she could muster.

Xavier stared at her for a while then stood up with a smirk plastered on his face.

"then take these drugs and rest else I'll treat you like a little girl ma'am cause only kids are permitted to be reckless" Xavier said.

"Whatever" Scarlet said then went back to bed and covered herself with the duvet.

Xavier Chuckled then left the room, scarlet sat up immediately he left the room and let out a heavy breathe, his presence alone was somehow suffocating because of how his scent covered the whole room and his grayish eyes pierced her soul whenever they locked eye contact, scarlet hit the duvet frustrated, lusting over a man was the last thing she needed at the moment but her heart or soul wasnt listening to what her head was saying, every single time she laid eyes on him it was as if her sense of reasoning jumps out through the window, she looses control and start craving for his touch, this was stupid and she knew it.

"Aaaaarrrrrrghhhhhhh" Scarlet screamed frustrated.

"Are you okay?" Xavier said.

Scarlet screamed again when she saw Xavier beside her.

"Whats your problem?"Xavier said with his brow knitted together in a frown.

"Why are you here?" Scarlet said.

"I heard you scream" Xavier said.

"And so what? you shouldn't be here" Scarlet said.

"I thought something happened to you" Xavier said the frown still plastered on his face.

"What could possibly happen to me dont fake care the care cause i dont need it okay!" Scarlet shouted at him.

"Whatever" Xavier said and left the room slamming the door really hard it made scarlet flinch.

"The audacity" Scarlet said and rolled her eyes.

She sighed then laid back down on the bed and covered herself with the duvet, she sighed again as she stared at the ceiling, many thoughts came flooding her mind, from the first time she found out she was pregnant to when she gave birth to Sofia, to building this fake life then to Zoey and every single case she worked on to get to where she was now, the memories brought tears to her eyes but also made her appreciate every single time she was sincerely happy. even though she didnt have a plan on how to get out of any of this, she didn't know how she was going to face her father or if roman was ever going to find her in this place she would forever be grateful for being blessed with sofia and for every good happy memeories she had.

"Scarlet are you asleep" Catarina said barging into the room.

"No one knocks in this place?" Scarlet said annoyed then sat up.

"Scarlet dont panic or anything" Catarina said.

Immediately scarlet's heart began racing and she began to panic, so many things reasons flashed through her mind and immediately she got out of bed.

"Whats wrong Catarina" Scarlet said.

"Scarlet Sofia.........."

"What happened to my child?" Scarlet said as fear gripped her.

"Scarlet sofia..........................."

**********************************************************************************************************************ROMAN&SCARLETT

Thanks for reading!!

Become a patron today and get early updates ahead of the wattpad updates!!!!

Click on the patron link on my conversation board to become a patron!!

Don't forget to like,vote,comment and share this book!!!!!

Xoxoxo