CHAPTER 1

The sound of the alarm clock brought Scarlett out of the unfortunate nightmare she was having. Well,  after winning so many cases, having good dreams was something that was impossible for her these days.

she groaned as she stepped out of her bed and made her way to the bathroom, she stared at her disheveled hair and makeup-stained face and rolled her eyes, as fast as she could she took her bath and washed her hair. she had a big day today, today, she was going to take a step higher in her career.

Becoming the official lawyer of Roman black was a position many lawyers in the country lobbied for, Mr Roman Black was the current richest man in the world and any lawyer representing him would automatically have a place at the A.B.A and this was every practicing lawyers dream.

She picked a red suit that she had gotten for this very day and matching stilettoes. After getting dressed, she put her hair in a ponytail and applied a little make-up. Taking a look at her reflection in the mirror, she nodded her head in satisfaction. She picked up her car keys from the table and made her way out of the house.

As she drove to the office to have a final meeting with her superiors before moving to the black empire, she couldn't help but smile. She had worked so hard to get to where she was now, and she was proud of her achievement, she came from nothing, even though there were many reasons to quit along the way but she didn't give up and now all her efforts has paid off.

"Good morning ma'am" the guard greeted her at the gate after she parked her car.

"Morning " She said and entered the office.

She Had a bright smile plastered on her face as she greeted everyone, this would be the first time she was happy being in the office, she headed straight to the directors office to get her transfer papers and salary.

"Good morning Scarlett" Mr Anthony said.

"Morning Anthony" Scarlett replied.

"Here is your transfer letter and here is your last official pay check from us, I wish you the best of luck, you deserve this" Anthony said and handed two envelopes to her.

"Thanks and I really don't need luck, i am too practical for that" Scarlett said and left his office.
"that's Scarlett for you" Antony murmured.

"Well, well, well, leaving without telling your best friend? am hurt Scarl" Zoe said as she entered Scarlett's office.

"Cant leave without you and you know that, on the contrary I planned on treating you for dinner later today to celebrate" Scarlet said with a smile on her face.

"Really? you? treat me to dinner? You?, sorry don't blame me if i don't buy that, because even though we are both lawyers, you are busier than the president, the last time you had fun was when?  high school grad?, you weren't even present at our law school graduation party remember? so don't blame me if i don't believe you" Zoe said.

"Well this is different Zoe I am taking you out tonight, but I have to leave now, i don't want to be late on my first day" Scarlett said and gave her best friend a kiss on the cheek and left.

Zoe placed her hands on her cheek and brought it to her lip, she has had feelings for Scarlett ever since they were in high school, Scarlett was her dream woman, she was the love of her life, but unfortunately she couldn't tell her, because Scarlett didn't have the time for love talk more of being with a woman, and she couldn't risk  loosing her completely, so she remained her bestie even though she desired more.

When Scarlett arrived at the black empire building she was greeted by many employee's of the company and was led to Mr Blacks office by his secretary, her previous office didn't hold a candle to the black empire, the interior was as beautiful as the exterior and it did live up to it name, its walls were made up of Black marble and it was really a beautiful sight to behold.