Chapter 34

"Roman explain to me what exactly you think you are doing!" Scarlet said as she barged into Roman's home office.

"What are you talking about? And don't ever barge into my office like that ever again" Roman said calmly.

"What exactly do you think you are doing? The siren? Are you out of your mind??!" Scarlet said.

"I am not out of my mind am only doing what I should do to protect my child from your father"

"You are starting a war with the king of the south and you think that is the right way to protect my child"

"Our child Davina and yes I think it's time I take over the south as well" Roman said.

Scarlet laughed out loud menacingly for a few minutes before slamming her hands on his table.

"You are out of your mind if you think my father can fall that easily stop whatever plans you have this instant" Scarlet said.

"I'll protect my child by every means possible it's up to you to pick a stand and a side in this fight" Roman said.

"Don't you understand! Ambushing the siren is the worst mistake you will ever make it's you knocking at the enemy door and putting my child at risk"

"For God's sake scarlet! OUR child.. she's not just yours I am her father it's so glaring that I don't even need a DNA test done.. she's the Replica of me and yet you refuse to accept that she's mine as much as she's yours" Roman said frustrated.

"That's not the point stop whatever you think you are about to do to the siren Roman it's not going to end well," Scarlet said.

"Pick a side Scarlet it's either you choose me and Sofia or a man you know very well has never seen you as his child" Roman said.

scarlet scoffed then crossed her hands on her chest.

"You and Sofia are not an option cause my daughter is always on my side... you are the stranger here and you are the only one that's going to bear the burns of my fathers' wrath when he comes for you" Scarlet said.

"I doubt that...wake up Scarlet it's time to pick a side it's time to protect Sofia from the real enemy" Roman said.

"Am taking my child Away from you" Scarlet said and left the office banging on the door on her way out.

"Carlos we are leaving!" Scarlet shouted as she made her way down the stairs to where Scarlet and Sofia were waiting.

"I can't leave mum I want to stay with dad!" Sofia said.

"I am your mother and I know what's best for you so you will come with me 'cause that's the way I can protect you from this" Scarlet said.

"Are you sure about this scarlet? if there's going to be a hit on the siren then it's time to pick a cause your father will go crazy when he hears that his biggest shipment capsized and Roman is responsible for it" Carlos said.

"We don't need to pick a side when we already have a side...... don't forget the mission, Roman is going down so i and Sofia can be together and that's how things are going to be okay?" Scarlet said.

"No mum I won't go back to that place..I don't want to be away from you and Dad. Please think about it mum" Sofia said in tears.

"Shhhhhhhhh don't cry baby you know mummy always wants what's best for you and trust me your father isn't" Scarlet said and wiped off the tears on her daughter's face.

"What are you afraid of mum?" Sofia asked in between sobs.

"Putting you in harm's way my love so please come with me" Scarlet said.

"Then stay with dad and me" Sofia said.

"No you are coming with me and that final Sofia stop this tantrum besides you just met your father why would you want to be by his side? why will you choose him over me?" Scarlet said.

"Cause I feel safe with dad," Sofia said.

"I am still your guardian s its still up to me now go upstairs and pack your things" Scarlet said.

"No one is going anywhere and stop this madness Davina" Roman said behind Scarlet startling her a little.

"Am leaving with my child" Scarlet said.

"Then you have to go through them," Roman said.

scarlet turned to see guards standing behind her all armed and pointing their guns at her and Carols.

"Then you leave me no choice" Scarlet said and brought out her gun which she pointed at Roman.

"Are you crazy?" Roman asked.

"I am leaving with my child Roman no matter what it takes even if it means killing every single person here I will" Scarlet said with her gun firmly pointed at Roman.

"Mum stop!" Sofia shouted gaining the attention of her parents.

"Please stop mum...I'll go with you just stop," Sofia said.

"You heard her let us go," Scarlet said.

"Scarlet please stop this" Roman said.

"Holding me against my will won't end well for any of us Roman LET US GO" Scarlet said.

Roman's phone began ringing interrupting them, he picked up the call and didn't say anything till he ended it.

"Dad was that him?" Sofia asked.

"Yes," Roman said.

"What's going on?" Scarlet asked.

"I think you have made your decision already and you have decided on whose side you are on..it's a pity we are not on the same page" Roman said then took a step forward closing whatever space there was between them.

"What do you mean?" Scarlet said.

"It's done mum," Sofia said.

"What's done?" Scarlet asked with fear visible in her eyes as she hoped it wasn't what she was suspecting.

"The siren," Sofia said.

"Roman, what have you done?" Scarlet asked as she began to lose stamina and her lips began to tremble in fear and despair.

"I have brought down the siren and the war has officially begun and you are now an enemy" Roman said.

"Oh no," Scarlet said and fell to the ground.

************************************************************** ROMAN&SCARLET.

Thank you for reading!