Chapter 12

The sound of the alarm clock brought Scarlett out of the terrible nightmare she was having, she stretched her hands across the table to stop the alarm but failed woefully as the alarm clock fell to the ground.

Scarlet groaned painfully as she felt a throbbing headache immediately, she held her head in an attempt to stop the pain but it was pointless, this was exactly the reason why she hated throwing caution to the wind, the morning headache and unpleasant day that follows were never worth it.

Slowly she sat up and then made another attempt to stop the alarm that was still ringing on the floor and this time around she was able to press the button, the silence afterwards was blissful, slowly she dragged herself out of the bed and then made her way to the bathroom.

When her body came in contact with the warm water bath she managed to prepare she let out a satisfied breath, the water was soothing and it eased every part of her body including the throbbing headache, she lay underwater for a few minutes, it was something she liked doing whenever she had the luxury of time to.

After a while she emerged out of the water and finished the rest of her bathing process when she was done bathing she brushed her teeth then blow dried her hair afterwards, she then went ahead to wear the simplest outfit she could find which was a pair of Jean and T-shirt, she needed food and something to cure the headache, and she needed it ASAP. But as she was about to wear her earrings she had flashbacks from the previous night that stopped her dead in her track.

She stood speechless and dumbfounded as her eyes widened in disbelief, it wasn't possible, there was a mistake somewhere, these flashbacks were not hers, her brain was playing tricks on her, it was impossible that what she just remembered happened, she shook her head in an attempt to clear her it but regretted it instantly as it only made the throbbing pain increase.

She heard a knock on her door that startled her a little and as she made her way to check who was at the door she prayed and begged with everything in her that it wasn't Roman, she couldn't face him right now, she wouldn't be able to bare the shame and embarrassment if her flashbacks were true. She peeked through the peephole to see who it was and was relieved when she saw Michelle, she let out a breath and opened the door.

"Good morning miss scarlet, hope you had a lovely night's rest. I am here to inform you that you would be having breakfast with mr Roman and some important clients in ten minutes at the restaurant downstairs" Michelle said with a big smile plastered on her face as always, Scarlet had to fight the urge to roll her eyes at her.

"I believe there's more you have to say so come in" Scarlet said and left the door open.

"Yes ma'am, actually Mr Roman has specifically requested that I hand-pick the outfit you are to wear to the meeting" Michelle said after she closed the door.

"I don't understand, I can pick my outfit," Scarlet said annoyed.

"True but in Mr Roman's words he prefers my fashion sense" Michelle said.

"Whatever I don't care right now, I have this very painful headache and I refuse to allow you or Roman to get on my nerves so just do what you have to do, and who is this important client we are to see if I may ask?" Scarlet said.

"Am sorry but I don't know who they are" Michele said.

Scarlets doubted she didn't know who they were meeting but she decided to drop it, if Michelle was keeping it from her then obviously she was ordered to do so.

"If you say so," Scarlets said then went over to the fridge and took a bottle of water.

"Here, some painkillers for your headache" Michele said and handed the tablet to her.

She took, after taking the pill she sat on the bed and waited for Michelle to finish raking her wardrobe, then the thought of seeing Roman again after what happened last night filled her head and embarrassment washed all over her, how could she have kissed him? what on earth was she thinking? being drunk doesn't give you the right to kiss your boss for heaven's sake! She was in big trouble because whatever actions Roman decides to take against her would be justified.

"Ma'am I believe this would look good on you" Michele said bringing her out of her train of thought.

"Sure whatever," Scarlet said dismissively and stood up from the bed.

"What's bothering you if I may ask?" Michelle asked unsure if that was the right thing to do.

Scarlet was sceptical about telling Michelle what was troubling her, if Michelle already knew about what happened it would be more embarrassing discussing it with her, and if she didn't know about it then that would just be her disclosing something as shameful as that to her subordinate which might lead to disrespect either ways telling Michelle was a risk she couldn't take so she decided to say nothing.

"Nothing just wondering when we would be going back, I still have unfinished cases to attend to," Scarlet said then put on the dress Michelle had picked for her.

"We would be leaving tonight according to mr Roman" Michelle said, even though she knew Scarlet was lying.

"Okay, thanks," Scarlet said as she took in her reflection in the mirror.

"You look astonishing miss scarlet, you know how to make everything look good" Michelle said with a smile on her face.

"Thanks," Scarlet said.

Scarlet had to admit that Michelle had a good fashion sense, the dress she picked was really beautiful, it was a sleeveless purple dress that ended halfway down her thigh and emphasised her curves so perfectly, she paired it with golden sandals and accessories and then packed her hair in a messy bun and wore her shades, she looked good, felt good and smelt good as she applied her signature perfume.

"Let's go" Scarlet said confidently ready to take the world well in her case ready to face Roman.

********************************************************** ROMAN&SCARLETT

Thanks for reading

Good News!

I am officially a Wattpad creator am so happy and excited 🌹

Thank you so much for reading my books you all made this possible!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

*INTRODUCING PATRON SUBSCRIPTION:

So Based on popular demands from my readers that always ask for quicker and more chapter updates I decided to double-task myself just for you guys by making a patron subscription.

*What is the patron subscription?

The patron subscription gives you access to New chapters days before they are posted here on Wattpad which means quicker updates, specific days for updates and also you get to read ahead! When you subscribe to any of my patron's packages you get the New chapter ahead of Wattpad and also get to read the next chapter weeks before it's being updated here on Wattpad, there is also a discord to discuss the book and patron shoutout's !!! So click on the link below ⬇️ and become a patron today!

patreon.com/Victoriousallen22

Xoxo