Chapter 22

"Roman it's been a long time since we had dinner together," Mr Adams said.

After scarlets awful encounter with both Roman and Zack in the garden, everything has been unpleasant to her, In other to clear her mind of the incident she had to join Genevieve in the kitchen and help make dinner, a decision she didn't regret, Genevieve was a very cheerful woman and she reminded her of her mother, being around someone as cheerful as her helped scarlet forget about her problems even though it was just for few minutes.

When they finished preparing dinner she went back to her room to shower once again before coming downstairs to eat, when the dinner table was set everyone gathered to eat including Alexa who arrived a few minutes before dinner, the table was crowded and the air was very awkward, especially for scarlet who was forced to seat between Zack and Roman, she could feel the tension between them and it was horrible being in the middle.

"Work Adams things have been hectic, so many wolves in sheep's clothing these days you need to take extra care else they might ruin you so all hands on deck," Roman said.

"Quite unfortunate that it's hard to tell them apart, so one has to be careful but also wise don't you think?" Zack said.

"Exactly, and wisdom isn't for everyone," Roman said.

"Are you boys fighting?" Genevieve asked.

"No Mrs. Adams, calling it a fight is just insulting," Roman said.

"So Luisa how is college?" Alexa asked diverting everyone's attention from Roman and Zack to Luisa who has been playing with her food with her gaze fixated on Roman.

"Collage is fine... Roman I will be graduating next month will attend the graduation ceremony?" Luisa said.

"No, but congratulations," Roman said.

"Can I work with you after graduating?" Luisa asked.

"You are welcome to work at the black cooperation anytime Luisa, I would love to have you," Roman said.

Suddenly something stirred in Scarlet heart after what he said and she didn't like it, was it jealousy or a hint of disdain towards Luisa for being so desperate to get close to Roman, whatever was the reason she didn't like how it made her feel.

"Thank you," Luisa said.

The rest of the dinner went silently and peacefully after that, but inside Scarlet was burning with different emotions, she was angry and sad at the same time if that was even possible, but then inhaling Roman's strong perfume did something unexplainable to her insides and whatever it was doing was beginning to subdue the anger and sadness she felt, it made her lips dry even after drinking a glass of wine in one go, there was just something about how he smelled that made her think of being naked on his bed right now helplessly waiting for him to touch every inch of her body.

"Are you okay?" Roman whispered.

"Yeah...yeah...I am" Scarlet said as embarrassment washed over her.

"Sure?" Roman asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes....Mr Black" Scarlet said.

"You calling me Mr black means there's something Miss Finn" Roman whispered in her ear, which sent a tingling sensation down her spine.

"Am okay?" Scarlet said under her breath.

"Thank you so much Genevieve for the dinner I enjoyed it, I'll be going up to my room now please excuse me," Scarlet said then left the dining.

She had to be as far from Roman as possible until she figured out a way to quench this crazy sensual hunger that was brewing inside her.

She rested her back on the door immediately after she entered her room, Her heart began racing as she had just run a marathon, the effect Roman had on her was getting stronger and she didn't even know at what point he started affecting her talk more of how it has gotten this strong.

This wasn't the plan, her body was going against everything she planned, her body was betraying her, her lips betrayed her by longing for his, her body betrayed her by craving for his touch deep down, everything was wrong, everything was a betrayer.

Scarlet began to pace her room to figure a way out of this nonsense her body had gotten her into, Nothing was permitted to repeat itself after ten years, she didn't train all this while just to fail because of her stupid hormones that go berserk every time she was close to Roman black, everything depended on her going according to plan.

A knock on the door startled Scarlet and she almost screamed and it brought her out of her hopeless brainstorming.

"Who's that?" Scarlet growled.

"Roman"

Scarlet rolled her eyes it was the case of speak of the devil and he appears well in her case it's thought of the devil, the last person she wanted to see at the moment was Roman, but deep down something inside her tingled just hearing his voice and as she made her way to the door it intensified.

Scarlet pulled open the door and the sight of this beautiful man in front of her threw away every form of resistance she was building against him out of the window.

"What do you want sir," Scarlet asked.

What was it about him that was doing this to her, was it his dark hair that beautified his perfectly crafted face, or his grey eyes that seemed to pull her in every single time she stared into them or was it his irresistible lips that seemed to pull her in every single time he talked, or how he towered over her and she could fit into him.

"Done staring?" Roman asked snapping her out of her train of thoughts.

"I-I-I- wasn't-wasn't- staring" Scarlets stuttered.

"Sure," Roman said and entered her room.

"What do you want?" Scarlet asked as she closed the door.

"You were meant to be packing but I see you are not. Let me guess you want to start living here Miss Finn?" Roman said with his arms crossed on his chest and a frown on his face.

"I-I was about to do that Mr black" Scarlet stuttered.

"Stop stuttering you do that a lot these days" Roman said.

"Sure I'll stop," Scarlet said.

"What have you found so far?" Roman asked.

"A lot," Scarlet said.

"Then start talking"

********************************************************************** ROMAN&SCARLETT

THANKS FOR READING!

Don't forget to Like, Comment and Share!!

Xoxo