Chapter 10: Boys will be boys

Ross's POV:

This shit is starting to get to my head right now. What the fuck are you doing Ross, this is all your fault. Melinda is suppose to be a dare so what the hell are you doing? I just hate hypocrites they always want to see their faults in other people but when it's reversed they can't take it. Melinda is one of them.

I don't understand why this has to be hard. Why the fuck do I even care about what she does she is just a fucking dare nothing deep.

Yeah she needs to know her place because no one makes a fool of me. If she has whores then so will I. And best believe anytime I call they pick up in seconds. So that's exactly what I am going to do.

"Hey Ross what's up?" Shelly is always my go to. She is always ready for a good time. "Yo are you free I come by real quick." she does the little laugh she does right before saying yes. "Sure come on over." good. I hang up and take my car keys and get ready to go.

I walk out the cottage and see Melinda on the phone I get in the car and start the engine, and she turns back to look at me. And I drive off I don't have time for this. She is lucky I even got her an uber.

Melinda's POV:

"Melinda is it..." why the hell would Yasmine be calling me right now. "Yeah and who is this." who would have thought that I would be on a call with a girl that helped my ex boyfriend cheat on me. "I am Yasmine Henry's girlfriend." this bitch has some nerve but I have to keep my cool. "Oh yeah. What's up?" I want to end this call right now but I will just hear what she wants because I have to tell my besties and they will want to know all the details.

"I just wanted to get to know you better. Since you and Henry are friends I figured we should all be friends. Maybe you and your boyfriend could have a double date with me and Henry." is she fucking kidding me? What the hell is going on in her head right now. But this might be the perfect excuse to see Henry. Eh why not? "Sure that sounds like a great idea. You will send me the details then." this is going to be fun. "Cool. I will be in touch." and she hangs up. Double date? Oh well already agreed can't go back now. Oh shit Ross is mad at me, and I need him for the date.

FUCK MY LIFE.

The uber arrives and I get in. While on the way home I try calling up Ross but he doesn't pick up. He is probably fucking another girl right now. I can't believe him right now, I don't care what he does anyway. But why do I feel disrespected in a way. I arrive home and prepare for my night shift at the diner. I have an hour left before it starts so I call up Amanda and Yara. And they pick up immediately.

"What have you done now bitch?" Amanda greets us by teasing me. "Oh shut we all know I am the only who entertains all of you." I reply. I carry the baggage of being the drama of the group on my shoulders. "Facts." Yara agrees with me. She is always truthful. "Anyways my ex's girlfriend called me." "WHAT!!" they both scream in unison. "She wants a double date. And I said yes." Roll in the lectures.

"Are you fucking nuts Melinda?" Yara responds. "You have finally lost it." just wait till I tell them the reason I said yes. "I am perfectly sane. Its the perfect excuse to see Henry. I just have to get Ross to stop being a baby and go with me." Amanda laughs and Yara stays silent. "Why do you say Ross is a baby?" Yara asks. "He got mad because he thought it was Henry calling my phone when Yasmine called using Henry's phone." I respond. "Mel...you do know you are screwing him over right, you are playing with him to get the one you really want. You know I love you but sometimes you never know how to admit when you're wrong." Amanda is always laughing but this time she is actually giving out advice.

It hurts to hear a friend tell me that I am wrong but it only hurts because I could never tell myself that. "Amanda is right. You could care a little bit more about Ross, since you are going to like break his heart." Yara responds. "I guess you are right. I have to go to work now. We will talk later." I hang up.

I go to work. And it's just like every other day. It wasn't very busy then I get a text from an unknown number.

*Hey its Yasmine. The date will be two days from now at the town's café.* Its more like a demand than an invite. Which reminds me I have to call Ross. I call but he doesn't pick up. It's the end of my shift now its only 8pm. I have to find him, I have his location so I will just find him using that. It leads me to a neighborhood 20 minutes away. And I see his car and I park behind him. I don't know I should do but I will just do what feels right in the moment.

I get out of the car and walk to the driver's window. And when I look in there is a girl on top of him. This is so gross... I knock on the window and he looks directly at me and rolls down the window. "What!? Can't you see I am busy." he has some nerve. "We need to talk." I respond. "You can wait till I am done it might be a while so please wait huh?" he rolls the window up. I storm towards my car and just sit there. He has some nerve.

Why the fuck am I so bothered by this. I don't care who he is with I could never care he isn't mine. This is so messed up even a guy I don't want doesn't respect me. I am so tied of men treating me like shit, its enough now...enough.

I can't go because I have to convince him to go on the date. After 20 minutes I hear the passage door open and Ross gets in. "So why did you interrupt me, I was busy you know?" he is drunk as well I can smell it. And call me crazy but I just lost my cool and next thing you know I slapped him. It felt so good I won't lie.

"What the fuck is your problem Melinda?" he yells at me. "Did you expect me to laugh after you disrespected me?" I yell back. "I owe you nothing okay nothing! I am fucking doing you a favor right now you know that. So you owe me." A favor what does he mean by a favor? he must be talking from his drunk state.

"Oh shut up okay. If anything I am doing you a favor." I respond. "I am with you for my rep don't get ahead of yourself doll. You aren't my type of dream sorry." Right after he says that his face changes as though he was caught in the act of doing something.

His Rep?? What does he mean by that?