Chapter 21: Comfort chocolate

Melinda's POV:

I don't remember when I fell asleep but I woke up around 7am today with my eyes feeling heavy however they were not swollen I have no idea how but it's a relive. My mother left way before I woke up for her morning shift but I have a feeling she is avoiding me but honestly she is doing both of us a favor. After showering I throw on my stay at home outfit and head downstairs for anything to eat.

With nothing but cereal in the cupboards I make myself a bowl and sit on the couch and check my phone for the first time since yesterday afternoon and see a message from Ross but I don't reply because there is no point since he will be coming here. After about 30 minutes of laying on the couch and thinking about my life and having a sad session of music on I get a call from Henry. I look at it as it rings and I let it go to voicemail but then he calls again and on the third call I answer.

"What do you want?" I answer the phone practically waiting to press the button to hung up. "Well hello. Are you okay why the anger in your tone?" his voice on the other side of the phone too sarcastic and joyous for me. I can't help but blame him for all my troubles right now. "Henry please just tell me why you called?" I answer very dryly.

"Alright then. I called to ask if I could come by to see you tonight we need to talk." Talk? I did a lot of things for this moment to finally happen and now that it happening I feel nothing. Or maybe it is because my friends hate me, my mom annoyed me and I am lost so maybe my emotions shut down. "Yeah that fine you can come around 7pm." I answer yes only because I know I might regret it if I say no. "Sure see you then Mels." He hangs up and I am now anxious about what is going to happen.

There is a knock on the door and I get up to go answer it and it's Ross holding a bag from the cafe and I can just hope its my favorites. I invite him in and we walk to the couch. "So I bought some of your favorites, some chocolate cake, doughnuts and a milk chocolate and hot chocolate." he lays them all on the table. "Milk chocolate?" I ask confused since that is not my favorite but his. "It's either that or an apple too much chocolate and you will get sick for sure." I can't help but laugh at his statement because he clearly doesn't know me.

"Well thanks I really need this." I have no idea why he is doing this but I am grateful. "So how are you feeling about everything, have your friends checked up on you?" I don't know why I start tearing up when someone asks me if I am okay it just happens. Ross notices this and pulls me into his chest and I start crying silently as he comforts me. I feel so at ease that it's scary that I actually feel like this with someone I met months ago and never with Henry.

"I know you must hate your mother but in all honesty she is an adult whatever she does is never going to affect you as much since you aren't a kid anymore. Even if you care about her and worry a woman in love won't pay no mind to what anyone else says or atleat that's what my mom says." He sounds more mature than me right now. I am hurt that she wouldn't even tell me alone I heard about this dude a week ago I mean I knew for way longer because I could sense it but now they are engaged.

"She has no right to be acting my age, I would even do something so childish." I take a sip of the milkshake. "Well you are not a saint either so maybe cut your mom some slack." His tone shifted from comforting to sharp in the last words he said and I could help but feel a bad energy of what he said. "What are you on about? Is there something bothering you?" He blankly stares at me for a few seconds. "Its just that I think she must want someone right she must have good intentions not everything is fake you know." Well that answers nothing.

I get what he is saying I guess I am being selfish and because of that I lost my friends and I won't let the se happen with my mother. "I guess I won't make a big deal about it." I will apologize to her when she comes back from work but I am still going to feel some type of way about this. "Did Yasmine know that the woman seeing her Dad was my mom?" She must have mentioned it since he still keeps contact with her which I  have no clue why. "We have never discussed her Dad's bed patners and she found out yesterday." What a disgusting way to put it.