3

Ji-Eun Bae is a journalist who lives alone since her family resides abroad

Ji-Eun Bae is a journalist who lives alone since her family resides abroad. One day, she found herself attending a conference where she had to explain how Chanyeol had allegedly drugged and harassed her. However, from Chanyeol's perspective, this accusation was entirely untrue. Ji-Eun sat in the conference room, feeling anxious as the questioning began. She looked down and started to recount her story, saying, "I was walking home at night when someone suddenly grabbed me tightly and forced me into a car. They drugged me." Her voice trembled as she continued.

"When I regained consciousness, I found myself in Chanyeol's bedroom. At first, I thought it was all just a terrible dream, but sadly, it was real. I tried my best to defend myself from him, but my efforts were in vain." With that, the conference came to an end.

As Ji-Eun walked out, she caught sight of Chanyeol standing nearby, surrounded by a group of people. His gaze pierced through her, and fear coursed through her veins as she gulped hard.

"Ms. Bae Ji-Eun, you may leave now," Minjae, the Chief Investigator, said. Ji-Eun nodded silently. They were in the investigation room, accompanied by some other individuals. She felt an overwhelming nervousness about the entire situation.

"I'll be going now. Goodbye," Ji-Eun said, bowing as a sign of respect. Minjae also bowed in return and went back to his work.

Ji-Eun took small steps as she walked away, her mind filled with thoughts. "Why on earth did I get entangled in this situation, especially when I have no connection to Park Chanyeol?" she wondered.

Finally, as she reached the exit door, Ji-Eun froze in her tracks. Her heart pounded in her chest, and she took a sharp intake of breath as she witnessed something that left her utterly startled.