2

Chanyeol was devastated when his beloved mother lost her fight against cancer

Chanyeol was devastated when his beloved mother lost her fight against cancer. He loved her deeply, and her passing brought immense sorrow to his heart. However, his life became even more complicated when his father decided to remarry. The woman his father chose came with a stepson and a stepdaughter, adding new family dynamics. Unfortunately, the pain didn't end there. Two to three years later, Chanyeol's father also passed away.

Now, Chanyeol found himself in a small room being questioned by investigators, surrounded not by adoring fans and reporters seeking interviews as a celebrity, but by the media who viewed him as a potential criminal.

Meanwhile, in a dimly lit hospital room, a woman lay unconscious, barely clinging to the last threads of life. Slowly, she opened her eyes, her confusion evident. A voice called out, "Mr. Minjae, she's waking up!" She turned her head and saw a man stepping forward, resembling the person referred to as Mr. Minjae.

"Hello, ma'am. My name is Choi Minjae, and I am the Chief Investigator. It's nice to meet you," he greeted, offering a comforting hand. Confused, she asked why he was introducing himself. She looked at him intently, hoping for answers.

Minjae paused for a moment, his eyes reflecting understanding and determination. "Are you familiar with the famous football player, Mr. Park Chanyeol?" he asked, waiting for her response. She nodded, indicating that she knew who he was. "We have received information alleging that he attempted to harm you," he revealed, walking back and forth with occasional pauses. Finally, he stood in front of her and tilted his head. "Can you remember anything about what happened last night?" he asked, hoping for any recollection.

She struggled to recall the events, one hand pressed against her temple while the other clutched the bedsheet. "I remember being kidnapped, but after that... my memories become fuzzy," she stuttered, her words faltering. Minjae maintained a calm and reassuring demeanour as he continued to engage with her. "Yes, that could be because you were given drugs. Miss, what is your name?" he asked, offering a comforting smile. Nervously, she replied, "My name is Bae Ji-Eun, and I work as a journalist."

Minjae's smile widened, aiming to alleviate her anxiety. "Please don't be worried, ma'am. We are committed to ensuring justice prevails. We will thoroughly investigate the allegations against Mr. Chanyeol. Rest assured, we are here to protect you. After all, our duty is to serve the public, isn't it?" His warm smile enveloped her, instilling newfound confidence.

Ji-Eun struggled to piece together the fragments of her memory, realising that her presence in the hospital, instead of her own home, indicated a drugging incident. Though her recollection remained incomplete, she found solace in knowing that there were dedicated individuals working diligently to seek justice on her behalf.