Chapter 12

~Scaramouches pov~

It was lunch break and students were already rushing out of the classroom once the bell rang before the teacher could dismiss them. As Ms. Sucrose finished her last sentence most students had already left the classroom. I stayed, feeling a little bad for her and helped her pack up the materials we needed for the experiment we did in class. 
"T-thanks Scaramouche..AH-" Ms. Sucrose shrieked as a beaker slipped through her hands, but I caught it just before it hit the ground. 
"No problem." I handed the beaker back to her. 
"You know.. It's great seeing how good you're getting along with Kazuha." Ms. Sucrose commented. "You both seem happier and we teachers were able to relax a bit too.." 
Oh wow, were our actions that bad? "Thanks.. that's uh good to know. I'll go to lunch now, see you tomorrow!" 

I rushed out of the room and expected to see Kazuha waiting there, but he was nowhere to be found. Huh, weird. Ever since we became friends Kazuha somehow always manages to find my classroom, so we could go to lunch together. Maybe I just took too long...

"Hi Heizou, have you seen Kazuha?" I questioned Heizou when I arrived at their lunch table. 
"Mhm.. no. Haven't seen him yet. Don't worry, he'll be here soon." Heizou said and I sat down beside him. But after five minutes he still hadn't arrived so I stood up and tried to search him. 
His last class was... math? Ughh how is he able to remember my schedule but I can't remember his?? 

Just then I heard voices from inside a classroom. 
"What should we do?" A female voice said.
"I don't know, up to you two. What do you think?" A familiar voice said. 
Kazuha?? What are they doing?? I didn't dare to peek inside, scared to see something I would regret seeing. 
"Eekkk this is going to be great!" Another female voice squealed and I heard Kazuha chuckle. 

I heard enough and quietly stormed away, making my way back to the cafeteria. I was right, he doesn't like me. Why would he? He can everyone he wants, why would he choose me anyways?!? Lost in my own thoughts I didn't look in front of me and bumbed into someone. 
"Oh, hello comrade." It was Childe. "How are- are you crying?" He bent down to me.
I angrily wiped away the tear that my eye had formed. "N-no.." 
"Did something happen?" 
"No.. I just-" I tried to quickly come up with an excuse, but couldn't come up with anything. "I'm fine.."
Childe seemed unconvinced, but didn't try to push the answer out of me. 

"Well anyways. Have you thought about what you want to gift Kazuha?"
Wrong question. I tried to stay calm, but my anger overwhelmed me. 
"No and I'm not gonna give him anything." 
"Huh, why is that-"
"Because it's just stupid how I could think that he would like me back. He doesn't and he's probably just .. making fun of me anyways."
"Scaramouche.. don't say that. Kazuha would never do that-"
"How would YOU know? You're not the one that got bullied by him, you wouldn't know." 

Childe looked at me. "You know you two were always so busy fighting, that you've never realized what a good personality Kazuha has. Whatever happened, it's probably nothing to worry much." 
He's right. He's right.. I don't really know Kazuha either. 
"Sorry.. I overreacted..."
"It's fine. Now, have you thought about the gift?"
"I.. did. But he's always with me so I can't.. buy one.." 
"Do you want me to buy something-"
"No, I want to do it myself!"
"Haha, that's the spirit." Childe laughed. "Don't lose hope. I think you guys would look great together. 
My face flushed. "Don't say that.. out loud.." 

I went back to the cafeteria with Childe and saw Kazuha sitting there already. How did he not meet us on his way here? Kazuha's face immediatly lit up when he saw me and rushed over to me. 
"Scara! Where were you." 
"I uh.." I exchanged a look with Childe and he smiled at me confidently. "I was just.. walking around." 
From Kazuha's look I could tell he didn't believe me. 
"We'll be right back!" He said to his friends and dragged me towards the direction of the toilets.