Chapter 8

A/N: guess who did 76 pulls and still didn't get Jing Yuan (honkai star rail) even being guaranteed 🙂

~Kazuhas pov~

"Scaramouche.. please watch out where you're going." I said to Scaramouche as I watched him almost trip over a piece of stone. (is it just me or does "piece of stone" sound funny/wrong-)
"Yea.. sorry I'm just tireerrAHH-"
"WATCH OUT!"
Scaramouche tripped over and I managed to catch him just in time, but he pulled down both of us and I ended up on top of him.
"Ah.. sry.."
"Ahaha.. don't worry. How about I help you walk?"
"I don't need help from you."
"Oh come on Scara, you know you need help."
"No, and don't call me Scara..." Scaramouche said and looked to the side, but I saw how his face flushed.
"Awww embarrassed?" I giggled and gently helped him up.

We soon arrived back at his house and he instantly collapsed once we closed the door behind us.
"S-scara! Hey! Wake up... ugh this idiot."
"Hah, did he fall asleep again?" Shogun said when she saw us.
"Again?? So this often happens?"
"Well not really no. Sometimes when he doesn't sleep good he often just passes out. Do you need help to bring him to his room?"
"Yes please."

I watched as Shogun literally picks Scaramouche up like it's nothing and put him on his bed.
"Let's let him rest from now."
"Mhm.."
Shogun walked out of the room, but turned to look at me when she realised I didn't follow her. "You're staying?"
"Y-yea.. I have to work on our project.."
"Alright."

I started working on our project just like I said. Although we were done with most of the stuff I added some more details. It was about an hour or so that I started to relax a little. I turned to Scaramouche, who was still peacefully sleeping on his bed. Should I wake him up? No.. he seemed to tired.. But I'm so boredddddd.

I slowly walked over to him and laid down next to him. For some time I just watched him sleep until i realised I was staring and looked away. His sleeping face is so cute... Huh wait, no! Kazuha yes you're gay but please not him! I thought to myself when I realized what I was thinking. I turned my gaze back on him and felt how my stomach started to fill with butterflies. No no no no no, Kazuha no. How did this even happen..? I questioned myself and was lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that Scaramouche woke up.
"Have you.. been staring at me the entire time?" He asked me so suddently it startled me.
"H-huh?? No, I swear, I was working on our project."

He yawned. "Ah okay.."
God, he's so cute.. Kazuha please what the fuck. " You wanna do something?" I smiled and tried to shove my thoughts away.
"No... I'm tired..."
"You can't sleep again." I whined.
"What? You want us to do something so badly?"
"No... that's not what I meant.. but it's quite boring."
"Why don't you text one of your friends then?"
"They're not answering." That was such a bad lie.. why am I even wasting my time with him?! "Well, sleep then. I'm going to your sister."
I instantly regretted what I said and silently hoped that he'd stop me, but he stayed quiet so I slowly got off the bed and walked out of his room.

~Scaramouches pov~

You basically told him to leave, why are you mad at yourself?! I turned around in my bed, trying to fall asleep again, but it didn't work. With an annoyed sigh I got off my bed and stormed to the living room where I heard Kazuha and Shogun talking.
"Oh hello, little Scaramouche. Did you sleep well?" My sister asked, but I completely ignored her, grabbed Kazuha's hand and dragged him back to my room.
"Okay, what do you want to do?"
"Oh, so now you want to do something?" He giggled. "Cute.." I heard him wisper, but loud enough for me to hear.
"What?"
"Uhh nothing."
"What do you want to do now?"
"Uhhh I.." Kazuha thought for a moment. "We could study or just .. talk..?"
"Are you serious."
"Completely."

We stared at eachother for a second.
"Alright." I sighed. "What would you like to talk about?"
"Well... have you ever been in a relationship?" Kazuha asked, as we both lied back down on the bed.
"No.. not really. How about you?"
"Me neither" He laughed out.
"Really? Not a single one?" I asked a little suprised.
"No."
"H-how?? I mean you can have any girl you want. Like you have good grades, a good personality and .. are good looking.." I wispered the last part, but Kazuha seemed to have heard it.
"Haha, did you just call me handsome?"
"Y-yes I did. But I didn't mean it in that way!"
"Yea, yea I know. I think I just haven't found the right one yet."

"Do you remember when Miss Amber said that we'll start dancing lessons next class?"
"Yeah."
"Would you.. like to be my partner..?"
I looked over to Kazuha when he asked that. He was looking in the other direction, but seemed to be blushing a little which I found adorable.
"Sure."

A beep from Kazuha's phone caught the attention from both of us. Kazuha crawled to the desk to get it and made an annoyed sigh when he saw the message.
"Who is it?" I asked curious.
"My.. friends.."
"Oh."

Kazuha typed something, then put his phone back on the desk and came back over to me.
"What was it all about?"
"Nothing.."
"Oh come on."
He chuckled. "Why do you want to know anyway?"
"You seemed so annoyed I wanna know what happened."
"Nothing important.."
"Can't you just tell me."
"Beg me to."
"Excuse me what?"
He started to laugh. "Alright, alright. You remember how you fell asleep on my shoulder in the bus?"
"Oh yea.. sorry about that."
"No no don't worry it's fine. Anyways, Venti was there and got the whole wrong idea. "
"Ohh..."

~little time skip~

"So, what have you guys done today?" Shogun asked us at the dinner table.
"We finished the project and just talked.." I replied.
"That's nice. It's great seeing you guy get along." She said and we both nodded in agreement.

"We'll be going to my room now." I said to Shogun, when Kazuha and I finished our meals.
Eventhough I knew Kazuha would follow me I still carefully took his hand and dragged him with me. Kazuha seemed suprised at the action, but didn't pull his hand away.
"What's this hand-holding about?" Kazuha asked when we were back in my room.
"Just feeling like it." I replied, still holding his hand.
"You gotta let go at some point." Kazuha chuckled. "Or do you want to shower together?"
"W-WHAT??" I instantly let go of his hand and he laughed.
"Well I guess I'll go shower first~" Kazuha said, grabbed some clothes from his bag and went out of the room.

"Just push me away when I disturb you again, okay?" Kazuha said when we were lying in the bed.
"Got it.."
"Alright, good night."
"Night.."

One part off me didn't want to push him away. It wanted to be close with Kazuha, but the other part wanted nothing to do with him. Ughhh why is this so confusing me... Maybe it was because I was thinking too long, that Kazuha fell asleep before me again and started to come closer to me. Oh god what do I do now??? He once again started to cuddle with my arm and I could only lie there helpless. What if I hug him back..? I thought, but regretted that thought since it was the only thing I could think of for the next minutes. After some more arguing with myself I gently turned to Kazuha and wrapped my arm over his stomach.
"S-scara..?"
I instantly froze when I heard Kazuha talk.
"What are you-"
He seemed to have realized what I tried to do and I quickly pulled my arm back.
"I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean to.. I-"
Kazuha chuckled. "You're cute.." He pulled me back to him, wrapped his arms around me and gently pushed my head towards his chest.
I could feel the blush on my face and was so thankful Kazuha couldn't see it.
"Sleep well, Scara.."

For a second I lied there , realizing what just happened. I could smell Kazuha's scent and oh my god he smelled good. I closed my eyes to take another deep breath and felt my heart beating fast.

What is this feeling??

__________________________________

words: 1406