Amy purses her lips to the side. "Ugh, I don't even wanna know how that happened."

"Heheh, it's probably better if we didn't." He feels a little better now. Amy was always good at making people feel better when they were down. "Amy,"

Said hedgehog stands up and dusts her legs off before looking back at the older. "Yeah?"

A gentle smile goes on Knuckles face. "Thank you for... y'know."

"You're welcome." She gives a bright smile to Knuckles in return before offering him a hand. "Now let's go back and see what's going on."

Knuckles just rolls his eyes again and takes the offered hand, pulling himself up just so he doesn't accidentally pull her down. "I really hope they don't ask any questions."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Living Room – 2:19 p.m.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Bernie,"

Knuckles looks in the front room as he softly closes the door behind him, utterly confused. He sees everyone's attention towards Vector while Sonic's mom is standing up, holding her gun...?

Jules grabs the barrel of the gun, needing to get the weapon out of his wife's hand. "-give me the gun."

"Jules," she looks at her husband, clearly upset. This whole day has been nothing but bad news on top of bad news. "-they're trying to hurt my baby. I am not just going to sit down and do nothing, not anymore."

"What's..." Amy takes a step forwards, getting some of her friends to look at her while everyone else is watching the married couple silently fight over the weapon. "-going on...?"

"Yes, Vector," Bernie snaps at the poor crocodile, who had already been asked questions that he couldn't really answer. "-why don't you say it again. Tell them who's after my baby."

Both Knuckles and Amy turns to the detective, absolutely confused about this situation. "Vector?"

Said crocodile lifts his hands from his face and shakes his head, before turning to the newcomers. "A few days ago, we had a new client come in. He goes by Jack the Rabbit, and he hired us to find Sonic for him."

"And if it's the same guy I think you're talking about," Tails chimes in, getting everyone's attention. "-then it's for revenge."

"Revenge? For what?" Sally asks before she takes a drink of her beverage.

"So, a while back, me and Sonic came across a city far from here. It was overrun with Eggman's robots and they were trying to defend themselves but we ended up helping-"

"Saving." Knuckles corrects his friend.

Tails looks over to the echidna, laughing and rolling his eyes before continuing. "Helping them. They were really grateful and showed us a lot of hospitality and Sonic was really famous among them."

Kahn just rolls his eyes, not wanting to hear about Sonic's ego getting bigger. "Of course he was."

*The fox turns to the young monkey king. "No, I mean, we saw a giant statue of Sonic in the middle of the city by the time we got there."

Tangle just chuckles. "Are you serious? I mean, I know everyone loves him, but they made a statue?"

Shadow rolls his eyes before looking down the hallway. "I bet he loved that..."

"Actually," Tails looks over to the darker hedgehog, "-it was really unsettling to see. And Jack was the one in charge of the city. With all the praise and pampering they were giving us, mainly him, it was really creepy."