05 Crystal Cavern Part 2

Warning: This chapter contains blood, gore, mild violence, language, and sexual themes. Please be advised. Thank you.
(I probably should've been using the warning before. Sorry)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

??? 6:55 p.m.

A bloody hand reaches down and grabs the ankle of the carcass , dragging it along as the owner walks towards their patio. Upon reaching their destination, they continue to drag the body up the stairs and along the deck, leaving a deep red trail behind. This Mobian didn't put up nearly a good enough fight like the previous one did.

The hand releases the corpse, letting the leg drop with a thud. The person picks up a pitcher and places it on the step, right under the corpse. They then make their claws grow on their right hand while their left grabs the skull of corpse. Once the claws are grown to the length the owner is satisfied with, they pull the head back enough to expose the neck and dig their hand into the throat ripping it, letting the blood flow out. The pitcher is brought to the throat, catching as much of the red liquid as they can before the head is dropped, hitting a step hard. The scent of blood is strong, but the stench of rotting flesh could be smelled for miles. So many Mobian corpses are decaying all over the place in this area.

'I wonder,' they use their left hand to throw the body off their patio, next to eight others, before shooting a beam at them, disintegrating them and head to the table at the other end of the patio. Taking a seat, they set the pitcher down and pull a sheet of paper in front of them, grab a writing quill and dip it into the fresh blood. '-when will my beloved come home? I want to write to you some more, my Love.'

Mystic Cave 7:03 p.m.

"Shadow...!"

Said agent ignores his name as he continues to walk with his fists clenched. He hates that he's in this predicament: not only was he told to listen to Sonic's instructions when they got here, but said hedgehog had made them fall, lose all of their equipment, they all got injured and now that idiot got himself kidnapped, meaning after they finish this wild goose chase of finding whatever source of energy they're supposed to be looking for that he can't even feel, they're going to have to turn this into a rescue mission as well. He is not in the best of moods. The only good thing is that his shoulder is healed, and the pain is pretty much gone.

"Shadow," Rouge flies faster trying her best to catch up to her partner, "-will you slow down?" She catches his arm in hopes he will stop. Instead, he yanks his arm free and continues trekking. Rouge closes her eyes and does her best not to scream out in frustration, but she fails. "SHADOW!"

"What, bat?" Shadow calls as he rounds another corner, hearing the flapping of wings right behind him.

"Will you stop for just a second?" She grabs his upper arm and pulls it, hoping he will listen to her this time.

He lets out a breath before slowing down. "We don't have time to stop-"

"Shadow, we've been going in circles!" Rouge says while letting his arm go. She takes a deep breath and slowly exhales it. She doesn't wait for him to question her. "Just throw a Chaos Spear at your seven o'clock if you don't believe me."

Shadow skeptically looks towards her direction, still not able to see because of the darkness but does as he's told. As he charges up the attack he sees a pile of rubble in the distance, making him let out a growl before he throws his attack in the direction, seeing their broken equipment from afar.

"How the fuck did this happen?!" He roars looking up at the bat, wanting an explanation but knowing full well she's just as stumped as he is before darkness completely engulfs his vision again.