08. Voices Part 1

Warning: This chapter contains language, violence, and sexual themes. Please be advised. Thank you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wenge Ruins – 12:14 p.m.

In the center of the room is the blue hero, holding a finger under his nose just to make sure he doesn't inhale any more dust that may be floating in the air from the fall. But more importantly, he's making sure he won't sneeze in front of the other.

He holds his gaze to the other Mobian, just sitting on some rubble with their arms resting on top of their knees, fingers intertwined and chin resting on the back of their hands.

"Really?" Sonic wipes under his nose with the back of his hand. "Why are you here?" He rounds his shoulders, needing to make sure they're loose enough if he has to go toe to toe with the other before he stretches his arm across his chest. "I thought you were long gone, Infinite."

Said jackal's fingers twitch at the name before he fixes his mask. He had just finished putting it back on when the hero decided to drop in. If he had known the blue nuisance was going to be here, then he wouldn't have bothered coming in the first place. He does not need to deal with him right now.

Getting to his feet, the jackal quickly makes his way off the rubble and turns his back to the stretching hedgehog. He has no intention of fighting with him, or anything else dealing with him for that matter.

Sonic pauses mid-stretch, seeing the retreating form. "H-hey, aren't you-"

The jackal stops and turns to the hero. "To what? Fight you? Take my vengeance on you for defeating me?"

"Y-yeah?" Sonic questions, unsure of the answer himself as he rubs the back of his neck. He honestly thought the instant Infinite saw him, he'd attack. This is not what he was expecting.

The yellow eye just stares at the younger. The jackal is waiting for him to continue but when no other words are said he turns back and continues his way towards the exit, being mindful of each step he takes.

Sonic blinks a few times, surprised at his enemy's action. He shakes his head and before he can even think about it, he runs up to the jackal but still keeps a good distance away. He doesn't want him to actually land a hit if he suddenly decides to attack. "You're not trying to kill me, why?"

The ex-mercenary narrows his eyes but keeps his focus forward, completely ignoring the question. "Why are you following me?"

Blue shoulders shrug upwards before Sonic brings his hands to the back of his head. "I dunno, kinda surprised you're mellowed out. Guess you can say I'm just making sure you're in the clear before I leave. Don't need ya destroying things again."

A muffled grunt leaves the jackal's lips as he continues his way.

'Release me and I'll take care of the Little Blue Savior for you.'

Yellow and blue eyes narrow behind the mask at the voice in his head, choosing to ignore it than acknowledge it. He finally found a way for it to come less and less but seeing the hero most likely triggered his other to come back.

'You won't be able to do anything to him in your state. Three years of trying to fight against me has made you weaker than you already were.'

"Hey, watch out!" Sonic says as he grips the elder's bicep, stopping him from falling down a hole.

The jackal blinks a few times, coming back to reality. He sees that his foot is just hovering over one of the giant holes in the floor and if he fell, he would've gone through at least two floors and who knows what kind of injury he would've received. As annoying as it is, he's going to have to thank the younger. Even if he won't shut up.