23. Presence

Warnings: This chapter contains language.

Please be advised.

Thank you and enjoy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

8:19 a.m. – Eggman's Base

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Red eyes scan the window once more, seeing nothing change in the scenery. The presence he's been sensing on and off now was faint a few days ago before it just suddenly disappeared once more. It's been doing that quite often, actually since his last run in with his copy had the presence been stronger. It was really strong at one point a few days ago before it just abruptly disappeared as well.

The right metal shoulder moves, but nothing follows suit. Metal looks down at his shoulder, remembering that his creator was never able to properly fix him because he had felt that certain presence and left the table before he was just left in this room.

He brings his left hand to the window and scratches it down the glass, leaving marks and an eerie sound to echo in the darkened room before he turns around, finally making it to the door. He needs to get to the bottom of this.

Once out the door Metal turns to his right to go to his creator, needing to be properly repaired, though his thoughts are elsewhere. That presence has been bothering him. It's been malfunctioning his senses, overriding his need to prove to his organic copy that he's the true Sonic, to destroy the flesh and bone of his lookalike. The only times he was able to feel the presence at its strongest was nearly six months ago and then again a few days ago. Other than that, it's only been faint in between those times and he doesn't like it. It's interrupting with his system but at the same time it feels as though it's... calling out to him as well which he doesn't understand, doesn't comprehend why something so unconventional would be drawing him.

Metal clenches his fist as he turns in the hall and makes his way to the doctor's office, allowing the door to open for him before he steps in. Red eyes see the screen that the doctor is looking at and his fist clenches even tighter.

Upon hearing the door close does Robotnik take a breath before he turns to look at his restless masterpiece. "Are you finally done throwing your fit?"

He watches as the robot makes its way towards him, the red eyes never leaving the screen. A sigh leaves his mouth before he looks back at the now dead readings. "These... portals are coming out of some other dimension, and I don't know who or what are causing them nor do I know where they go. By the time I even start to get a reading on them do they just vanish into thin air and it's starting to make me very irritable."

The genius looks back at his robot and he's pretty sure if Metal could make any facial expression then he'd be scowling right now. "Is this what's been bothering you lately? These... space rifts?"

Metal glances at the scientist and nods his head before going back to the screen.

Eggman lets out a dry laugh before he rubs his eyes and leans back in his chair. "I wish you could speak so you could have told me sooner. I wouldn't have bothered making that thing." He points to the right at a hard-drive labeled: "Metal Sonic's Debugging Unit."

This time if Metal could make any faces then he'd just glare at his creator. How dare the doctor try to put some wretched thing on him?

Eggman clears his throat before he turns his attention to Metal Sonic. "Have you any notion regarding this phenomenon?"

Metal looks at the second screen and sees the map of this continent and the next one over. He scans for a certain area before he points at Acorn Kingdom.