36. Friend

Warnings: This chapter contains language,

Please be advised.

Thank you and please enjoy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mountain Zone - 6:18 p.m.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chaos lunges at the two with the four tendrils raised, each one dripping with blood from an unknown victim. The deity had noticed that his body had suddenly become soaked with the red liquid just moment ago, right after he had heard the screams of the unknown.

The yellow eye glows bright as black and red spores are leaving his body to block the exit of the cavern. He doesn't like that this outside creature can manipulate his body, no, manipulate is not the right word but he no longer has the will to stop himself from attacking a respectable elder who had first helped him when he transcended from being just a mutated chao. And to try and take the hero who had helped him in his time of need? This is truly unforgivable.

A fire creature jumps in front of the tainted deity and attacks it, sending fireballs its way before its joined with two other fire creatures. The attacks, however, do nothing when the air becomes thick with moisture, putting out the fireballs before it can ever reach its target. One of the small creatures then jump and grab onto the side of the deity's face, creating steam from holding onto the water entity. The other two creatures latch onto both legs and the three self-destruct themselves.

Smoke fills the cavern and Solaris glides backwards, making sure the mortal is out of harm's way. He keeps his eye on the plume of smoke, needing to see any signs of movement. He knows for a fact that the young deity wouldn't fall that easily.

Sonic tries to see over the shoulder, but the wings cover his head and press him tighter against the deity's back. "Hey!" He tries to break free from the grip, but the tail tightens its hold on his waist. "Don't kill him! This isn't his doing!"

A black and red tendril shoots out of the left of the smoke and goes for Solaris' side, forcing the deity to glide to the right. White eyes see the remaining four fire creatures about to lunge for the tentacle, but Solaris moves his hand to the side, stopping them. If the creatures are taken out the cavern will be dark. That is not what he is concerned about; he can see whether it's blindingly bright or pitch black. His concern is if the fire creatures are destroyed then the mortal will freeze. Yes, he can simply create more but he'd rather avoid needing to if he doesn't have to.

The tentacle pulls back in the smoke and the smoke dies down, however, white eyes slightly narrow from not seeing the young deity present. Solaris can still feel the strong presence of Chaos and the accursed essence in him.

Solaris looks from the mouth of the cavern to the right, seeing a water puddle from when his little flames had melted the sleet earlier. He quickly scans the left but sees nothing either. He glances over his shoulders only to see his remaining flames near a wall on the left, ready for whatever he commands of them.

The sun deity slowly glides backwards as he keeps his focus in front of him, looking for any sign of movement before he unwraps his wings from the around the mortal. He then tightens his hold with his tail before he extends it towards his flames, releasing the mortal.

Sonic feels the ground under his feet, and he lets out a sighs. He sees Solaris nod his head before facing forwards once more. "Fina-" A wall of flames goes in front Sonic and he just droops his arms forward. "Oh, come on! Solaris! This isn't right! Let me help Chaos!"

Solaris simply ignores the mortal before he feels the air surrounding him grow heavier with moisture and he's suddenly surrounded by water. "Chaos, cease this incursion. This day is not meant to be thine downfall."