42 Talk Pt 04

Warnings: This chapter contains language and fluff.

Please be advised.

Thank you and enjoy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Acorn Kingdom – Hospital – Room 173 – 11:45 a.m.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

'What the...?' The light green eye just stares into the scarlet red ones, absolutely stunned as Sonic feels the warmth against his lips. He wants to glance to the side to see what everyone's reactions are but at the same time, he really doesn't want to see them. If anything, he's trying to make sure that he keeps himself from blushing.

The kiss doesn't last long, only for a few seconds before Shadow pulls away. He ignores everyone else in the room as he keeps his gaze on the confused hedgehog. "You need to drink something," he says quietly before straightening himself. Still ignoring the dumbfounded faces, he heads for the door, dragging Rouge as he passes her. "Let's go."

"Hey, wait-" The bat doesn't know if she should willingly go with her best friend or gawk at the stunned Sonic.

The door closes and all eyes look from the door back to Sonic, seeing the blue hedgehog completely frozen with his mouth barely open. If anyone looked closely then they'd be able to see the faintest of pink on his cheeks right now.

Fingers curl into the hand and Knuckles quickly leaves the room, following the other two. Sonic had just told them what had happened to him, how his stalker had horribly come into his life and Shadow had the gall to do something like this? 'The hell is he thinking?'

Silver frowns a little and his ears fold down some. He didn't know that Shadow liked Sonic. Are the feelings mutual? Are they... together? 'Maybe... it's not meant for us to be then-' his eyes widen at the thought and Silver shakes his head, trying to rid himself of the thought. 'No, now's not the time to think like this. Making sure Sonic is alright comes first.'

Yellow ears fold down a little as Tails watches his friend leave the room, obviously upset, though he's not sure if it's because of Knuckles' feeling for Sonic or because this is probably the worst time to kiss his brother. Heck, he didn't even know Shadow had feelings for Sonic. 'Explains why he quit hanging out with him when Sonic was dating Amy...' Blue eyes turn back to see his brother to watch peach fingers tentatively touch his mouth, still in shock about what happened. "Sonic...?"

Said hedgehog slowly turns to look at his brother. He doesn't know how he's supposed to feel. His mind is at a blank right now and honestly, he forgot what they were talking about before the kiss. "...Yeah?"

"...Are you and Shadow, uh, well, um," Tails scratches his neck. He doesn't want to just assume his brother is seeing the darker hedgehog, especially if they are a thing and are keeping it a secret. "-well, ya know..."

Sonic tilts his head to the side and catches a glimpse of some looks he's getting. They pretty much share his reaction to the sudden kiss. He then looks back to his brother, finally realizing the question asked. "Wait, you think me and Shads are...?"

Tails just looks at him and slightly shrugs his shoulders.

Green eyes widen and Sonic shakes his head no, only to wince from pulling the muscles around his broken collar bones. "Oh, sweet Chaos, no... We're not dating or anything like that."

"Then why'd he kiss you?" Sally asks, a little more upset than she should be. She quickly calms herself down and looks over towards Khan only to see the monkey turn from her before she turns her attention to the blue hedgehog once more.