22. Home Pt. 02

Warnings: This chapter contains language and very mild adult themes.

Please be advised.

Thank you and enjoy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Zero's Subconscious – 2:33 a.m.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A black hand rubs his chest, feeling the scarred skin with his paws. No fur has grown in the area since his power source has been ripped from him in order to go in the doctor's machine. He'd been stripped of his power only for that overgrown toy to fail.

How pathetic.

Claws graze the area, creating welts on the skin but doesn't draw any blood, despite the red liquid vanishing immediately afterwards if he were to.

The blue eye closes as the yellow one just looks forward, thinking of the upcoming date and he brings a hand to his chin in thought. "The anniversary of his family's death will be coming soon." His free hand clenches into a fist. "Unfortunately, it's not enough to make him succumb to me, not any more at least."

An irritated sigh leaves the jackal's mouth as he taps his forefinger against his chin, trying to figure a way to break his host. "Even if I were to throw Shadow in his face and taunt him with the hedgehog killing his family, it won't be enough. It's even less fortunate that Zero doesn't fully blame Shadow for his family's death. In fact, it's quite annoying that that's the case. When did the so called mercenary get so damn spineless?"

Infinite lowers his hand and closes his eye, trying to figure out what makes his other tick. The only lead he has is the little blue savior. Bad mouthing the hero doesn't get him anywhere except fussed at, which is highly annoying.

The question is: how can he use Shadow, the death of his family and Sonic to break the coward so he can finally take control of the body?

And once he has fully control of the body, he's going to make sure to pay Zero's little puppy crush a visit. "And who knows," a grin goes on the white muzzles, "-it'll be a bonus if I can break the blue rat while I'm at it..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sonic's Room – 7:22 a.m.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The rays from the sun pass through small openings in the curtain, allowing light to flow into the bedroom. A content sigh passes through peach lips as he turns on his side and feels warmth against his front. He nuzzles his head against his pillow, feeling completely relaxed. What is it, the second time this week he's been able to sleep so good now?

He brings a peach hand up, to cover his mouth as he yawns before nestling back into his mattress and he feels himself being pulled forward...?

A green eye flutters open, his vision blurry. It takes him a little bit before he's able to focus only to see a pale muzzle right in front of him. He closes his eye for a moment, relaxing once more.

...

A few seconds pass as a smile goes on his lips.

...

Thirteen seconds pass as he snuggles closer to whatever he's pressed against.

...

A total of eighteen seconds before both green eyes fly open in shock as they see Mephiles right in front of him, sleeping. Sonic is trying to process the fact that he's in his single bed with the questionable jerk fast asleep while holding him. On one hand, Mephiles is a creep who has done things to him that he would never wish on anyone else. But on the other hand, he's saved him and is willing to help with the stalker.