N I N E . T W O

Começar do início

"Enough, you're not getting anywhere with this."
"Oh, I'm not getting anywhere? And Kane was after half an hour of asking the same question and getting the same answer did?" She questioned in disbelief and annoyance.
"Coriane is right. He won't talk. Not unless we open the door," Kane reiterated.
"Or leave me alone with him for five minutes and I'll make him sing like a nightingale."
"We won't do either of those two things," Abigail violently shook her head, approaching the cell and turning off the microphone, causing Coriane to roll her eyes.

Kane discussed the need to know what they required about Mount Weather, but Clarke agreed that torture would do no good.

"One with me and my Wendigos sure will. Just ask your friend Murphy."

Clarke blanched as if she was going to vomit, she surely remembered the state they had returned John Murphy after Coriane had made acquaintance him. Not giving her words any importance, the adults continued arguing and Coriane reached the point in her patience where she had to leave with a simple snort before ending the fight the way Jensen and Isaac's always ended: with two big cats on top of each other growling in each both men's faces.

"How did it go?" Aren asked once she was reunited with her friends.
"What does my face tell you?" She answered with obvious annoyance and an expression that made it all too clear.
"Not good, got it," the boy nodded.
"Ugh, my stomach is growling and I want to get away from this place for the sake of everyone in it, do you want to go hunting?" She asked her three present siblings, who obviously nodded and agreed immediately.

The group of four walked towards the exit with all eyes on them. On the way they bumped into Octavia, who now looked more a part of Trikru than Skaikru, making Coriane smile sideways at that.

She had to admit, in the two days she had been there, she had grown to like the girl a little better, especially when she heard of her bravery in standing up to one of their soldiers and not giving up in the face of being practically defeated. That had earned not only Indra's respect, but Coriane's as well. She still couldn't say she liked her completely, but at least her presence had become tolerable.

"You look good Octavia. We're going hunting, are you coming with us?"
"I don't want to say no but... I have to go and see if there's any news of my brother or Lincoln."

Oh, that. The missing brothers who hadn't yet shown any signs of life.

"Of course," Coriane nodded without saying more, she didn't want to feel that pressure in her chest again that was always there when she thought of Lincoln.

But in the end she couldn't help it, and ended up calling Octavia again before the girl could get very far away.

"If you hear from my brother or... or yours, could you let me know? Roscoe is with Adriel, he can bring me the message if we're still out," Octavia nodded with a small smile, and the two went their separate ways again.

Yes, maybe she also had to admit that she was somewhat curious as to whether Bellamy Blake was still alive and had managed to pull off that stupid plan he had in mind.

Roscoe had surprised her the day before when she realized that the jaglion had developed a certain fondness for Adriel Tate. In general she had been surprised to see that her animals had readily accepted the boy, even Astrid had once allowed him to pet her.
Coriane also had to say that she sympathized with him, she didn't mind him like most of the Sky People, and it was actually nice to be with someone like him, with such an open mind as well as an open heart.