Chapter Twenty-Three

Megan POV
December 13th, 2028

I looked around behind me at the store as Bey walked in front of me shopping off a list. I only came because she always gets Popeyes after shopping days.

"Bey I feel off." I said walking up next to her. Before I knew it I broke down into tears. Why?? I have no clue.

She let go of the basket that Mariah was sitting in sleeping, and hugged me immediately, looking around to make sure no one was watching.

"Hey hey, baby what's wrong?" I sniffled and laid my head in her neck. She rubbed my back and waited for me to calm down before she spoke again. "You okay now mama?" I nodded.

"I don't know why I did that, I was trying to tell you I felt off like someone was following us, it made me feel unease but not sad. I'm sorry." This is some scary shit. I don't even know where it came from.

"It's okay baby. But what do you mean you felt followed?" She asked wiping my tears with a tissue out my purse.

I shrugged. "I just have a gut feeling and I don't like it." I said sniffling. And now I can only breathe out of one nostril. Great.

"Imma text Julius and see if he notice anything off. Okay? Will that help settle your nerves?" I thought about it and nodded, hugging her waist again, feeling back to my normal self. I really love her.

"Yes, thank you wife." I smiled and stood on my tippy toes and pecked her lips.

"You welcome wife. Now let's go home." I frowned.

"You said we could get Froyo after Popeyes." Now this I would really cry over. Call me a brat I don't care, just don't fuck with my food intake.

"Oh yeah mamas I'm sorry, let's go pay so we can get to Popeyes before that long ass line gets formed." I smiled big and happy like a kid in a candy store as I skipped all the way to the self check out registers in the Sam's Club we were at.

I grabbed the scanner gun and rang up everything at the speed of light, Flo from Progressive ain't got shit on me.

I swiped Bey's black card and she chuckled and shook her head. "That be your favorite part about shopping." I smiled mad big and nodded handing her her card back.

My baby started waking up and whining so I picked her up and walked out with her clinging to me. I kissed all over her face and she giggled softly and started waking up. "We get chicken now?" I laughed, my baby just like me forreal. "Yep daddy getting us froyo too." I smiled big making her do the same thing. I swear every day she looks more and more like Bey but Bey swears the same thing but that she looks like me every day.

"Use daddy card?" I snickered and nodded as we got to the car. I taught her so well. Bey had no idea what we were talking about since she was following behind us, on the phone with Julius. "Mhmm we using daddy card and she gone order all the toys you want too." She gasped.

"What Ju if it's this many?" She said with her arms spread out wide to indicate a lot of toys. This girl is really my whole heart.

"Y'all over there plotting and scheming like I can't hear y'all." She said mugging us with her phone pointed away from her mouth.

Me and Riah laughed and stuck out tongues out at her. I went to the back seat and put Riah in her seat and made sure she was buckled up good. I'll be dammed it my baby goes flying out the windshield.

I did a mini happy dance and got in the passenger seat of the Maybach. I turned on me and Bey's playlist that started playing Schoolin' Life and Mariah almost immediately started dancing.

One thing about Mariah she was gone always dance to something. Even oontz oontz music. I really see her bein an entertainer when she grows up.

"Mommy turn it up!" She yelled getting excited. I chuckled and turned up the music as my wife finished slaving and putting the groceries in the car.

She got in and looked at both of us mugging. "Nah Ian need no help at all." I laughed and reached over the arm rest, grabbing her chin kissing her lips, making her smile and grab my throat kissing me back.

"EWWWW!" Mariah said covering her eyes. "Nasties." She said pouting. Such a diva.

"Okay baby let's go get our chickenn." I whined. She chuckled and headed down the street to the food plaza. There were multiple food places all stuck in one kind of strip mall but that's not the point.

We got there about 5 minutes later since Bey drives like a bat out of hell. She parked and I immediately hopped out and got my baby out. I stood her up and tied her shoe then figured out it was time to boss Bey around.

"Bey you already know Riah wants spicy chicken tenders and fries with two biscuits and a mini apple juice, and get me a side of shrimp and the nuggets and fries and a sweet tea and some biscuits. Thank you Daddy." I smiled and she smirked.

"Yeah yeah, y'all going to Sweet Frog right?" I nodded. Bey sent me 300 dollars on Cash app since she was taking her black card with her for the Popeyes since it was gonna be more. 

Me and Riah were in and out since we both knew what we wanted cause we get the same thing every time. I get a strawberry froyo with sprinkles, Mariah gets a chocolate froyo with sprinkles and gummy bears, and I got Bey plain ass a vanilla froyo with berries and oats.

We walked out and got back in the car with Bey who was scrolling on her phone. I handed Bey her cup and she kissed my cheek as a thank you. I let Mariah sit on my lap and eat her stuff since she doesn't have to sit in her seat since we won't be leaving for a solid 25 minutes at the most.

"Daddy tan we go to didneywand?" I pouted at the way she mispronounced Disneyland.

"You wanna go see the Disney princesses Pooh?" Bey asked and Mariah nodded fast and with a smile. "Hey!"

I smiled. It's time like this I live for my family.

3 Hours Later

"You good baby?" Bey asked me as she rubbed my feet. Mariah is down for her nap since she crashed out after finishing her food.

I smiled and kissed her. "Yes, thank you babydaddy." She chuckled. I'm so in love with herrrrrr.

"Imma go get us some water bottles." I nodded and pulled her down for another kiss which turned into us making out.

She pulled back once I grabbed her dick outside the pants. "Uh uh baby Ri here." I pouted. "But I need some dickkkkk." She laughed shaking her head as she stood up off the bed. "It's 3 in the afternoon, how you horny already?"

I looked at her like she crazy. "Have you seen you?"

She laughed more jogging downstairs. I smiled and got up looking out my balcony window. I seen a black car pull up down the street and start driving towards the house. I made a face of confusion but when the car go in front of the house. An arm reached out holding a gun and I heard shots being fired into the house. From then on everything went black.