Chapter Thirteen

Three Weeks Later
Diamanté POV

For the first time in three weeks, I am back at the hospital with Beyoncé and surprisingly her health is suddenly skyrocketing. Her bruises are clearing up fast and her bones are fusing together and healing more normally. The only thing I can think of that could have made this happen is Mama Tina and everyone's prayers.

I sat and smiled at her progress. This was making me feel a lot more hopeful. I examined all of her remaining bruises and that's when I noticed her finger twitch. I smile bigger and leaned over closer to her bed.

"Oh my God, do it again Bey." I encourage. I waited and waited and there was no more movement. I sighed, still grateful for the micro gesture, however.

Just then Mama Tina walked in. She looked a lot happier than she had looked the last time I saw her. She sat down and handed me a bag of Chic-fil-a.

"What has you so happy?" I said as I opened my food and ate some of the fries.

"My baby is getting better, and Megan paid us a visit a couple of weeks ago, she's been here ever since, helping me with Blue and trying to cheer us both up. She offered to spend the few weeks she was going to be here with Blue to make up for lost times, so of course I said yes. Megan said she would want to be able to spend some time with Blue before she left to go back to L.A, also she took us shopping yesterday after we left the hospital." 

My eyes bulged out my head and I choked on a fry at the mention of Megan's name. She hasn't even paid Beyoncé's name any dust since she left Beyoncé three years ago. She just recently left Houston and even while she was here, she didn't interact with Bey after that day.

"She hasn't been around in like forever, what did she say when she came here?" I'm interested now. Mama Tina explained everything to me and now I can full heartedly say when Bey wakes up it will be because of Mama's prayers AND Megan's presence.

"Well at this rate she will be waking up any day no-" I was cut off by a grunt coming from Bey. I snapped my head towards her quickly. "BEY?!" She grunted again and Mama flew out the door and almost broke a hip running to get a nurse. I smiled big and ran to her side and gently held her hand. I could see her eyes moving around in her eyelids. "That's it Bey, you're almost here. Fight just a little bit longer." Her grip on my hand tightened and she tried speaking but the breathing tube was down her throat.

A group of doctors rushed in and forced us out while they checked her vitals and checked to see if she was actually coming out of it or was, she just having ticks. Mama led us in prayer. We prayed and prayed. Before we knew it the doctors walked out one by one. Once there was only Bey's main doctor left, we walked in. Her face held a guilty expression. I looked at Bey and broke down crying with happy tears. She was coming to.

"Ms. Knowles, I want to start by saying I am very sorry, and I mean sincerely. When I originally performed my autopsy, I misdiagnosed Beyonce with a myocardial contusion. Turns out she didn't really have one." I just blanked out looking at her. I thought of all the ways I could torture and kill her. I had not even noticed Mama Tina cussing her out until we heard Bey speak. "Mama chill out please." I laughed. Of course, that's the first thing she says.

Mama pushed the doctor out the way and hugged Bey as Bey smiled. "I missed you so much bumblebee." Mama said as she kissed all over Bey's face. "I missed you too Mom." She smiled and wrapped her arm around her. I decided to let them have this moment and I got back serious. I grabbed the doctor by the neck hard and dragged her out the room and closed the door. I let her go and she whimpered and held her neck where there were two bruises forming from where my fingers were.

I pulled my knife out and pinned her against the wall and put the knife to her throat. "Wanna explain to me how you fucked up like that?" She looked at me with fear in her eyes and she swallowed the lump in her throat. "It was a m-mistake." I scoffed. "A MISTAKE THAT COULD HAVE NOT CAUSED HER FAMILY AS MUCH SADNESS AS IT DID. DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO THINK THAT SOMEONE YOU LOVE HAS AN INJURY THAT COULD POTENTIAL BE FATAL?" She just broke down and cried. I really didn't have the energy to demean her anymore.