Through The Fire And Flames

Your bright smile is still resting on your face as you head over to the Waiting Room. Leon jogs to catch up with you slightly, but it doesn't take him much time considering just how long his legs are.

You look over at him gently, and he smiles so wide at you. Even though things had gone to shit more times than you could count that night, you still felt okay.

Sure, you were still reeling from your earlier episode as the beginnings of a headache was taking place. The dull throb of your head was nothing compared to the residual burn in your throat from the bile. Even so, you couldn't really concentrate on what was happening, because no matter what you were going through, no matter what you felt, you needed to press on.

But, Leon definitely made this easier. His mere presence is just so comforting. You're almost certain that everything you're feeling would be 10 times worse had he not been here. Hell, you're honestly not sure what you'd do without him.

You're just so thankful for him. The possible scenarios of you, here in the station, alone with an infected Marvin plague your mind. There's no way you would've ever survived without Leon.

Hearing him say you were capable earlier was definitely comforting, but you weren't sure just how true that was. Your arms hug around your frame as the insecurities set in.

You weren't trained for this, it isn't fair that you've made it this far. Most of it was thanks to Leon, but even still, you wonder if he'd have an easier time without you. You wonder if he'd really be better off-

"Hey... are you alright?" Leon gently questions, placing a warm hand on your shoulder as you both enter the Waiting Room. Your arms squeeze tighter around yourself upon the feeling of this room.

Marvin's blood still stains the couch, now oxidizing and beginning to brown. You missed him so much already. He always looked out for you, defending you when Irons was a creep around your office. He was subtle about it-- in an effort to not jeopardize his job, or high-ranking position-- but he treated you all like equals. Every member of the station was equally important to him. He was like a second father to you.

Shit, your eyes burn. You can't do thus aga-

"Hello? Doc? Come back down to reality, yeah?" Leon smiles a bit, fingers gently snapping in front of your face. But through the smile, worry bleeds through his expression.

You hum as you blink away the sting of tears, arms still wrapped around you. "Sorry, just got lost in thought." You trail off, turning away from Leon.

"Hey, are you alright though? You look a little worried." Leon questions, standing in front of you. The worry is more evident, his brows furrowing. He looks you up and down, assessing your state silently.

Just breathe, you'll be okay. He's only asking to be nice.

"Yeah," you smile and drop your arms to your side, "I'm alright. Again, just lost in thought. My brain's too busy right now." You chuckle dryly, attempting to hide the minor crisis you were having moments earlier.

Okay, maybe crisis was a bit dramatic... but still. You couldn't let another Break Room incident occur. You didn't want to put Leon in the position of comforting you, no matter how nice it was.

He sighs heavily, speaking your name, "I don't know if I really believe you. No offense of course!" He waves his hands wildly, frantic to ease any potential tension from his statement.

You stare at him blankly. He didn't believe you? Shit, what gave it away? You've been careful to hide your struggle from him (not counting the Break Room), or was he just treating you like this because of the Break Room? Or was he just scary good at reading people?

Apocalyptic Adoration || CHANGED TITLEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें