I've Got A Bad Case Of Loving You

As you walk towards Leon and Ada, you can faintly hear their conversation.

"ls that the intel you needed?" Leon questions, tailing behind Ada closely.

"Unfortunately, no. Ben didn’t come through." She replies, seeming to give away as little as possible.

As you get near them, you jump into the conversation with a question of your own: "What are you looking for?"

"More info on the people responsible for this mess. The rest is classified." She answers you coldly, a scowl on her face as she shields herself from the rain with a lifted arm.

As she walks towards the door of the Gun Shop, she kneels, taking out a lockpick. She addresses Leon, completely ignoring you, and asks: "What about you? Trying to save the world?"

"We told Lieutenant Branagh we'd find help." Leon replies, jaw clenched as he stares at the woman. You appreciated his inclusion of you in that sentence. At least one person remembered you were here.

You look off over the edge of the sinkhole, staring at the insane number of pipes and materials lying around. Ironically enough, there was an Umbrella billboard just above the construction.

They really weren't subtle at all. You chuckle lightly to yourself, staring at the abyss ahead of you. There's no telling where that sinkhole led, of even why it was here, but damn was it scary to think about.

"Good luck getting that…" She scoffs, clicking her tongue. A 'click' is heard from the gun shop entrance and as if on cue, Ada rises to her feet confidently. She pushes the door open, and sighs at the sight of the shop.

"What a mess…" She mutters, trailing off. Turns out, she wasn't wrong. As you follow her inside the shop, it was terrible. Empty boxes were strewn about, with trash and overturned shelves taking up the rest of the floor space. Ada traverses the terrain of the shop carefully, making any attempt to not trip over anything in her stilettos.

You walk to the other end of the shop, taking a look at the target practice posters lining the walls. You had never seen one in person before, which is hilarious, considering you worked right next to the Firing Range.

You shake your head at the thought, opting instead to search the place for anything that could come in handy. There wasn't much, as the place was probably ransacked by everyone the day this all started. But you did manage to find a Hand Grenade lying on a shelf.

Satisfied, you clip it to your hip. You were about to follow Leon towards the back of the shop, but you notice something else on the shelf beside you. It looked like a Shotgun Barrel, but it was huge. You wondered if it was worth taking, especially since it looked close enough to Leon's shotgun. Who knows, maybe it was compatible?

You swing your backpack off a shoulder, shoving the part in. You're just about to finish zipping your bag, when a man's voice halts your movements.

"Don’t move!" The man commands, and your head whips in his direction, you raise your hands in surrender, a reflex.

Your eyes widen as you see what's going on. The man-- The shopkeeper, presumably-- had a shotgun aimed at Leon. He seemed frantic, desperate for you all to be out of his hair.

"I’m not going to hurt you—" Leon replies calmly, tensing slightly as the older man comes into his sights.

"I said DON’T MOVE!" The Shopkeep raises his voice, bringing his gun closer to Leon. His yellow flannel is caked in dirt and grease, it's beginning to wash away from the rain.

You dare not move either. The man clearly hadn't noticed you, and you intended to keep it that way. You take note of the way Leon only mentions himself, he probably wanted to keep it that way too.