X Gon' Give It To Ya

"Jesus Christ!" Leon exclaims, the residual hot air from the fire is sucked away in a vacuum as the helicopter is damn-near thrown out to the side. All that's left is the cold air whipping your face, and the dread sinking to your stomach.

"What is that thing!?" You shout, fear completely overtaking your voice. The thing was so big, so tall. And it moved that helicopter like it was nothing!

Its gray skin was barely able to be seen from under the leather jacket and fedora he wore. Its gloved hands clenched tightly as his milky white eyes locked onto you and Leon.

In an instant, he marched forward, footsteps shaking the ground below you. He was coming right for you.

"Shit! Run!" Leon shouts, grabbing your hand and pulling you back outside. You nearly slip on the wet surface of the roof, desperate to get away from whatever that was.

Leon pulls you to the other end of the roof, pushing you behind him in a protective manner. The door to the roof slams open, and the large man's hunched frame inches outwards. He takes a moment to look for you both, zeroing in once he sees you bunched together. He marches forwards, steps only getting faster as he charges at you both.

You feel your heart beating out of your chest, the dread beginning to pool at the pit of your stomach. Your breathing is getting faster, and your vision starts to fill with static.

God, please not now. Just breathe, you'll be okay.

You feel the footsteps of the thing shake the ground as he grows ever closer to you both. He's moving faster and faster.

"Leon!? What are you doing!?" You feel like you're about to faint as you ask him this. You're both still firmly in place, not moving an inch as the huge man comes straight for you.

"I need you to trust me." He's staring straight ahead, right at the man as he gets nearer.

You know you can trust Leon, but God-- this guy was terrifying. What's he planning? Leon was smart, that's for damn sure, but would you get out of it unscathed?

But there was nowhere else to go, nowhere to run to.

"Okay. I trust you." You exhale shakily, ultimately deciding that whatever he was planning was just about your only option.

As you speak, Leon unhooks the shotgun from his back, letting it hang by his side for a moment. The creature draws nearer, body heaving with every step. He raises his fist in preparation, looking like he's about to clothesline you two.

"Now!" Leon shouts, yanking you forward just as the monster swings his huge fist. You feel the sheer force of the air, just inches away from your face as Leon pulls you away.

The man stops for a moment, seemingly confused that his attack didn't go through. Leon uses this moment to his advantage. In no time at all, he points the gun right at the monsters face, unloading shot after shot.

The monster stumbles a bit, knocked back by the sheer force of the blast. But he stands straight up like nothing happened. He cracks his neck, like several shotgun blasts to the face meant nothing to him, like it was just that morning crick in your neck.

"Shit! We gotta go! He isn't feeling this at all!" Leon grabs your hand again, and you're both sprinting across the roof. He shoves the door open with his shoulder, and he's pulling you along with all his might.

The backpack swings wildly on Leon's back as you both sprint through the halls. He nearly slips against the wet, hardwood floor of the upper East Hall. But that gives him a moment to think.

"This way! We just gotta get that Jack Handle right!?" He calls back to you, slightly out of breath from running.

"Yeah! That's all we have left! Then we're good to get to the Library!" You reply. Your legs are burning, and your chest feels so tight. That feeling of dread never left, all it did was pool at your feet and weigh them down. Every step you took felt like you had cinderblocks attached to your feet.