Chapter 21.

It was now Friday, and Leia was excited but also extremely nervous. She had gotten used to being around Aone, her anxiety would disappear and she could be herself.
However, she was going to have to be around probably a few hundred people to watch Aone play.
She wanted to watch him so badly, to be able to support and cheer him on, but she was so scared.

To Aone, Leia probably seemed confident, despite their first meeting. However, that is only when it's just the two of them.

It took Leia two hours to choose an outfit, which she decided on baggy jeans, a tucked in tshirt with an oversized jacket covering her shoulders. She was tempted to wear his sweatshirt, but didn't want to bring too much attention to herself.
It then took her another hour to decide what to do about her appearance, face wise.

Sure, she wasn't afraid of not covering up her condition around Aone, but everyone else? Could she do it? No. She wasn't ready for that, not yet.
She applied foundation and concealer, full coverage to hide her white splotches. She added mascara and lip gloss and a little bit of blush. To other people, she would appear normal.

But she wasn't.

She never would be. Countless time's telling herself she's okay with it, she's accepted herself for how she is and she loves herself. But not fully.
She hated when negative thoughts like this entered her head, especially when it's on an important day.
'You can do this!'
She said, looking at herself sternly in the mirror before standing up and collecting her bag.
It's time.

~~

The gym was huge. Even that was an understatement, she didn't know she could feel claustrophobic in such a massive space.
There were people everywhere, some she noticed were from other school's, not just Aone's. She pulled a grim face as she realised she had no knowledge of volleyball, so that's something she will probably need to revise on.

She moved swiftly through the crowd, avoiding accidentally touching people and mumbling 'sorry' if she did. She found a spot quite close to front in the seating area. She knew the colours of Aone's school, so made sure to sit on the right side at least. People seemed to realise she was alone and sat a few seats away from her, which she awkwardly appreciated. Her hands were trembling as she sat there, waiting for something to happen.

People were whispering around her, mentioning how good Aone is and something about a 'iron wall'.
She was bought out of her trance as players started filling the courts and people erupted into cheers. 
She could find Aone easily.

The team went to the corner of the court, huddled around each other in what Leia assumed was one of those moral boosting team chats. Even though she was a bit out of the way, she could see him clearly and did find it funny how Aone stood out from them all. His face was emotionless the whole time, even though he was probably feeling a lot of emotions at once. She wondered which won in the end, anxiety or excitement?

Leia watched in awe as whistles blew, balls flew across the sky, players dived to the floor and others jumped higher than she thought possible. She now knew what the iron wall was, and she was amazed. How is it possible for someone to jump so high? And move so quickly?
She honestly wasn't paying much attention to the other team, her eyes were focused on him.

His face scrunched up when he missed a block, and he apologised to his teammates when he did. She knew he was going to be good but not this good.
Her heart was pounding probably as fast as his.
Despite his concentration, determination, and being covered in sweat, she couldn't help but find him more attractive than usual.
The thought made her blush as she looked around quickly, worried there was a mind reader amidst the crowd.