Chapter 24.

Along the way, the two had stopped at a small corner shop as Leia wanted to buy some sugary snacks. She got come biscuits and sweets, and a drink for each of them.
She led them to a small park that was just a short walk from their houses, which had a little pond and a bench for them to sit.

The whole time, except for being in the shop, their hands never parted. Aone was a little worried of his hand becoming clammy, but if it was, Leia didn't seem to be bothered by it.
Without realising, he had begun rubbing patterns across her thumb, making her insides bloom with butterflies at the feeling. She never wanted this night to end, and was so glad she suggested it.

The sky was a mixture of colours, pinks and purples mixed with oranges, as the sun was sinking beneath the clouds.
Aone watched as Leia sat crossed legged on the small bench, something his tall figure could never do, and he smiled at the image infront of him.

She had began picking at some of the sweets she had gotten, and Aone did the same. He had realised this could possibly be classed as a date, but he didn't want to think too much into it incase he started getting a little overwhelmed.

'Do you have any other matches coming up soon?'

'We will in a week, at the moment we are just training. Would you like to come?'

'Yes! I've been studying a little bit so I understand volleyball a bit better. It was kind of a bit fast last time and hard to keep up. It was just whoosh and bam! and you had won!'

He smiled and let out a small chuckle at her wording. He understood her clearly though, and the thought of her learning about his favourite sport made the feeling in his chest get stronger.

'I'll let you know the details when I get them'

'Yes please! Thank you!'

There was a silence again, and they both looked over to the pond as a duck paddled into their view. Leia found herself sat a little closer to Aone, and she desperately wanted to cuddle into him. Hesitantly, she scooted a little closer, and timidly placed her head against his shoulder.
She felt him tense up for a second, before relaxing. He rubbed his thumb against hers again, his way of letting her know he was okay with them being this close.

She smiled as she leaned into him. He was warm, and his clothes smelled fresh mixed with some cologne. Just like the jumper she had of his, although it was beginning to lose his smell.

'I don't want tonight to end'

Her words shocked him. He was thinking the exact same, but didn't expect her to actually say it aloud. It made his cheeks flush, and he wanted to hide himself away, but she was still looking ahead at the small duck in the pond, like she was embarrassed and feeling vulnerable as well.

Perhaps this was the time for them to tell each other how they felt? He wanted to do it eventually, tell her how much he liked spending time with her, and how much he liked her, but he wasn't sure how he was supposed to do it.
He didn't want to be cheesy, he wanted it to almost come naturally. He was grateful that Leia was confident enough to bring up the topic, as he would not have been able to.

'I don't either. T-This is nice'

She hummed in response, a smile stretching across her face. She knew they would have to go back home soon, but she didn't want to leave him.

'I really...'
Leia's words trailed off, seemingly nervous to continue her sentence. Aone turned to her, eager for her to continue but he found her hiding her face from him. She was embarrassed, and he could feel her hand shaking a little.
He knew what she wanted to say, what she was trying to say, so he finished her sentence for her.

'I really like you'

Aone couldn't quite believe the words that fell from him mouth. Of course he wanted to say it, but to actually do it immediately made him feel a little nauseous and he had no doubt that his palm was clammy because of it.

Leia's wide eyes shot up to his, a deep blush covering her face as she searched his pale eyes for any hint of his confession being fake.
She couldn't help it. After experiencing fake confessions at school as a result to bullying, she never thought she would experience someone actually liking her for real.

She knew Aone wasn't that kind of person, he was a genuinely good person, but her anxiety couldn't help but play tricks on her.

'R-Really?

She was sat facing him now, and was relieved to see he looked as nervous as she did.

He was a bit stumped by the question. Of course he did, why would he have said it if he didn't? But knowing Leia, he knew she just needed reassurance that this was real.

'Yes, really'

She smiled widely again, her eyes crinkling in the corner. She leaned forward slightly but quickly stopped herself. She didn't want to startle him like she did last time.
'Can I hug you?'

'Of course'

Her small arms linked around his neck as she leaned into him, and he slowly returned the hug, wrapping his arms around her waist being careful not to squeeze too hard, even though he wanted to hold her tightly and never let go.

'I really like you too, Aone'