Chapter 3.

He couldn't get the girl out of his mind. He was glad he remembered her face, even though he doubted he ever would have been able to forget it. He'd never seen anyone like her before. Anyone like him.
He knew the condition, yet he had never seen anyone with it before. He thought she was beautiful.

She didn't look at him with scared eyes like most people did, and he was worried that she mistook his awkwardness for fear.

He sighed as he entered his home and silently made his way to his room. He knew he forgot the book he intended to buy, and that someone else could have bought it by tomorrow. Yet it didn't bother him as much as it should have.

Returning could hold a chance of meeting her again.

It's a slim chance of course, and he doesn't know what he would do if he did see her again. He doesn't speak, and it seems whenever he does people get more scared of him. He doesn't recall a time when people weren't afraid of him.

What would happen if they do meet again, and she speaks to him? Would he be able to speak back? If he doesn't, would she think he's rude, and leave? He wouldn't blame her for doing so.

Aone spent the rest of the evening thinking about the unnamed girl, and rereading manga volumes until he returns to get the next one.